Are McDonald's employees worth $15 an hour?

CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
FS Forum member since January 4, 2003
Member #12478
Not a Jew

Replies

• SonOfAGunninSonOfAGunnin Posts: 5,085 Admiral
    No. Not until the "American Dream" is available to ALL 'Mericans.
  • HiHHiH Posts: 407 Deckhand
    absolutely not!!!
    :fishing The longer I'm Single, The more I get to fish!! :fishing
  • shadowwalkershadowwalker Posts: 2,200 Captain
    Rent a suckers on parade.
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,692 AG
    No. I don't make much more and I have a science degree lol
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,377 AG
    Maybe all of them together might muster enough man power to be worth the $15 rate.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • anejo22anejo22 Posts: 1,511 Officer
    There really that stupid wow
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,692 AG
    anejo22 wrote: »
    There really that stupid wow

Heh
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,468 Moderator
    Are you kidding me? If McD's, BK, and Wendy's cave to this, their prices will go up so much that all the Mom & Pop local eateries will rule the earth. Double the wage would mean doubling the price of a Big Mac. Would you pay $10.00 for that garbage?
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,377 AG
    If the wages are forced higher on "no skill" jobs,,, the corporations will force more automation into the system. unemployment will go up and the wagon load of non contributors will get heavier on the few of us left pushing it.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • doctorphildoctorphil Posts: 113 Deckhand
    Chick-fil-A workers are worth $15/hour . . . McD's workers typically aren't worth 2 cents!
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    Are you kidding me? If McD's, BK, and Wendy's cave to this, their prices will go up so much that all the Mom & Pop local eateries will rule the earth. Double the wage would mean doubling the price of a Big Mac. Would you pay $10.00 for that garbage?

A big mac would increase in price by $1.28
  • JettyparkJettypark Posts: 1,966 Captain
    Since when did working at a burger joint become a career?? by that mindset busboy should be getting $10 a hr
    and wally workers $25 a hr... LOL
    aa13.gif "A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons"
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,738 AG
    A big mac would increase in price by $1.28

Which is ironic....it is only worth 50 cents...so it will be even more overpriced than it is today....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,738 AG
    Every unskilled worker is worth ten times what you're paying them...If you don't believe me...ASK THEM! :rotflmao
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • fishknutfishknut Posts: 3,928 Captain
    doctorphil wrote: »
    Chick-fil-A workers are worth $15/hour . . . McD's workers typically aren't worth 2 cents!

Amen, the Chick Fillet workers are always pleasant and willing to serve.
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,610 Admiral
    But the workers have to deal with some seriously disturbed folks
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    fishknut wrote: »
    Amen, the Chick Fillet workers are always pleasant and willing to serve.

Ah, working a christian valued company. ;)

I got a mcd salad tonight. It was very good and they were polite as usual. The Paul Newman ranch is goot.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    fins4me wrote: »
    If the wages are forced higher on "no skill" jobs,,, the corporations will force more automation into the system. unemployment will go up and the wagon load of non contributors will get heavier on the few of us left pushing it.

You're probably right.
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 Officer
    If you did lump "all of them together" - what are there 5, 6, or even more McDonald's employees in a typical drive thru?
    fins4me wrote: »
    Maybe all of them together might muster enough man power to be worth the $15 rate.

What fins suggests is he doesn't think a full time McDonald's worker is even "worth" $6000 a year & he'd be very reluctant to have to pay even $3/hr.

Textbook Regressive.
  • onthefiftyonthefifty Posts: 4,072 Captain
    If you did lump "all of them together" - what are there 5, 6, or even more McDonald's employees in a typical drive thru?

What fins suggests is he doesn't think a full time McDonald's worker is even "worth" $6000 a year & he'd be very reluctant to have to pay even $3/hr.

Textbook Regressive.

Why go for the other extreme? In between $3/hr and 15/hr is a happy meal medium around 7/hr, dounche you think?

Textbook progressive...
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG

Textbook Regressive.

Well they can sell them in a vending machine in a gas station that taste just as good. What does a vending machine plus and automated assembly of a burger cost per year?
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,815 Admiral

Textbook Regressive.

Fibber is suggesting working the drive through at McD's is a career and 15.00 wouldn't be driving the final stake through mom and pops heart
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 Officer
    Not all. Monumental difference between "a career" & a Living Wage.
    Finfinder wrote: »
    Fibber is suggesting working the drive through at McD's is a career and 15.00 wouldn't be driving the final stake through mom and pops heart

fins is suggesting "driving the final stake through" McDonald's employees "heart".

I never even mentioned "a career" or "mom and pops"
    I've seen some McD's girls that I would pay $15/hr to...Flip a burger, or something.
    Not all. Monumental difference between "a career" & a Living Wage.

fins is suggesting "driving the final stake through" McDonald's employees "heart".

I never even mentioned "a career" or "mom and pops"

Quit whining and wearing out your quote key.
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    Unskilled workers =minimum wage. Of course now a days showing up for work on time is a skill.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • coldaircoldair Posts: 11,498 Officer
    what you see is the proponents of communism at work
    169304.GIF
  • CatBoxCatBox Posts: 3,709 Captain
    As the we get used to ATM's and self check out these workes will be replaced by kiosk's. Do you really need to tell someone that you want on #2 and a small drink (which you fill yourself)??

There are several credit cards using NFC (near field communications) that once integrated, will allow you to walk up to the kioks (which will keep track of your previous orders) enter your PIN and select your order and bingo--- lunch is served. There is also a pilot going on with a large cell phone carrier and a tier one fast food company where you can down load the fast food APP and find the closest restaurant, order your food and have it ready at the drive through -- all billed via your cell phone.

http://www.neowin.net/news/mcdonalds-orders-7000-touchscreen-kiosks-to-replace-cashiers
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    coldair wrote: »
    what you see is the proponents of communism at work

Want fries with that? :grin
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • bullgatorbullgator Posts: 1,940 Officer
    Check out the nearest Wawas. You don't see a row of cashiers taking orders.