Parking Lot...

nole76nole76 Posts: 804 Officer
Door dings. Do others get as ticked off as me about inconsiderate idiots in parking lots? I go out of my way to park as far away from everybody as possible, and eventually some jerk still finds MY door to open his into.

Replies

• rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,692 AG
    I hate the rednecks (you live in the big city buddy, you ain't no good old boy) with the big lifted trucks that are better than us and take up two spots
  • Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,331 AG
    Always look to park next to a no parking area, or well away from where others park, then perhaps a 4-door nice looking car (smaller doors and figuring the owner is more concerned and considerate).

With frequented grocery stores, Publix is generally the worse with tight parking spaces.

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
  • tagtag Posts: 8,855 Admiral
    Never park next to a car that has a child seat inside. You will get dinged when she swings the door wide open to insert her brat.
  • HiHHiH Posts: 407 Deckhand
    It never fails. I try to park as far away from every one else that I can.
    I can be the only vehicle in a line of 4-5 spaces and when I return,
    someone is usually parked right next to me! :banghead
    :fishing The longer I'm Single, The more I get to fish!! :fishing
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,871 Captain
    HiH wrote: »
    I can be the only vehicle in a line of 4-5 spaces and when I return,
    someone is usually parked right next to me! :banghead

Set out orange traffic cones on each side of your car....

That will teach the rest of the driving public that you have right to those parking spots.
  • bigironbigiron Posts: 543 Officer
    I park my redneck big lifted truck way away from where any Yankees might sling their doors open and dent my tires. Without fail one of them park right next to me and scuff my tires. Too bad what used to be not a city is now a city.
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,692 AG
    How is a rubber tire dented? :)
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,610 Admiral
    nole76 wrote: »
    Door dings. Do others get as ticked off as me about inconsiderate idiots in parking lots? I go out of my way to park as far away from everybody as possible, and eventually some jerk still finds MY door to open his into.

redneck engineering at it's best
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,191 AG
    Luckily for me...I drive a pick up truck...a plain old pick up without all the "bling" and it isn't a " King tuts ranch" or any silly nonsense like that...
    It's just a tool...like a saw or a hammer...a ding or a dent won't change the gas mileage so...
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,191 AG
    Baits Out wrote: »
    With frequented grocery stores, Publix is generally the worse with tight parking spaces.

Wal mart shoppers will ding your vehicle....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    I must confess, I dinged the car next to me last week in a parking garage. I didn't do it on purpose, but none the less. I should of moved in case he got back before me, but it was a really good spot, so I wiped the blue paint from my car off the dent with a wet finger, and moved my car up to the very front of the space so my door wouldn't line up with the ding.

I'm going to hell, but who here would have really left a note?
  • onthefiftyonthefifty Posts: 4,075 Captain
    I must confess, I dinged the car next to me last week in a parking garage. I didn't do it on purpose, but none the less. I should of moved in case he got back before me, but it was a really good spot, so I wiped the blue paint from my car off the dent with a wet finger, and moved my car up to the very front of the space so my door wouldn't line up with the ding.

Hope you get some bites...
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 6,105 Admiral
    I broke both ankles & heels in a construction accident back in '94. Things like that don't ever heal so I got a HC tag. I try to get the extra wide ones so they can't hit me. I've still got around 4 or 5 dings on mine & a couple are bad. It's an '02 Avalanche.
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,871 Captain

That's awesome...... you would make a brilliant criminal. You should step up and try larceny.
  • rodzrodz Posts: 668 Officer
    I parked my white SUV in a shopping mall spot and when returning to leave my door blew open and left a mark on a black cars door handle parked next to me. It was not a ding but left some white paint on their black door handle. I rubbed it a bit and thought it would come off with wax next time so I go to get in my car and this woman pops out(dark tint- I didn't know) of the black car and asks "and you just think you can leave?" I said it is not dinged, just paint 1/2" long and 1/8" wide and started to rub it off when she screamed stop it's evidence. She was very upset, a cop and more were coming - four cars with six officers total quickly appeared. They took pictures, I took pictures. The sup on duty was called to the scene and after briefly being detained during the investigation I was free to go. One cop had quickly rubbed it off - no harm done. Another suggested that I make a formal request as a resident that this detail by the local PD be scrapped. They have had several complaints about door-dingers and were actively pursuing it.
    :willynilly
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,963 Admiral
    onthefifty wrote: »
    Hope you get some bites...

shhh he's using the special bait