Any of you sissies wear a tactical paracord bracelet?

treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 3,320 Captain
I see them everywhere. What tactical advantage do you get from it?
We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump

Replies

• PhescadorPhescador Posts: 3,816 Officer
    They use it to David Carradine themselves in public bathrooms....or should if they're not.
    Ewe Inn Joy Mice Elf.
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,692 AG
    I never got it either and I served 10 years, including overseas.

They sell a lot of them
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,751 Admiral
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

So, no.
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    I know someone who does, I dare not question why. Elite forces from Zimbabwe/South Africa, head of private protection in the sandbox..

I think it has to do with having a cord for SHTF, anytime you might need it. Would also make a quick garrote....
    tffflogocopy_zps48a02f99.jpg
  • lowe-boylowe-boy Posts: 1,219 Officer
    You transcend into an Israeli Special Forces kinda guy.......................
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    lowe-boy wrote: »
    You transcend into an Israeli Special Forces kinda guy.......................

Was that aimed at me? Whateva...

It could also be used as a tourniquet...
    tffflogocopy_zps48a02f99.jpg
  • fishknutfishknut Posts: 3,928 Captain
    Dont wear one, but a friends daughter made a keychain for me. I like it a lot, keeps me from losing my keys.
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage Posts: 12,868 AG
    No, there is not enough para-cord in one to do much good.

I wear a belt that has 100' of cord in it. I had each boy in my scout troop make one at camp last summer. Now each boy has 100' of 600lb cord if they ever need it.

Cody Lunden says that Cord is one of the 5 C's of survival.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,692 AG
    I dont think 600 lbs is enough for some members around here
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,669 Admin
    Any of you sissies wear a tactical paracord bracelet?

No but I do wear tactical boxer shorts though. Hope this helps.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • tagtag Posts: 8,815 Admiral
    As the forum libs suggest, I just stay away from situations where I might need para cord or where SHTF might occur. Hope this helps.
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 3,320 Captain
    I wear a tactical bracelet filled with ruffies and the morning after pills
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
  • SonOfAGunninSonOfAGunnin Posts: 5,085 Admiral
    I do not. Have three different kinds of line in my camping/bug out bag though.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 4,391 Captain
    tankard wrote: »
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

So, no.

X2

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Flat_OutFlat_Out Posts: 128 Officer
    Wear one quite often while in the woods, fishing and while at work. Mine has about 15 feet of three strand 600lb cord if I needed it it was be 45ft of @ 225lb cord. I don't wear it to be cool I wear it for function and am on my 3rd one as I used the other two. One for hanging a hog to clean it when I forgot my gimble and once to tie down my kayak after a jerk stole the straps outta the back of my truck. It's useful and there when needed. I don't wear it to be "tactical" because there is nothing tactical about it.
    Nckdady is my old name on here
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage Posts: 12,868 AG
    rock_fish wrote: »
    I dont think 600 lbs is enough for some members around here

Proly not, but if there are 3 scouts they can braid them together and have a pretty stout piece of line.

Many of the bracelets are for looks, like wrapping a custom rod, different knot patterns using different colors of lines make some prety good looking bracelets.

All of the scouts belts were OD green. We used what is called a "cobra" knot braid for the first and last 4" of belt with a crochet type of knot in the middle section so if needed it would not take a day to untie the thing. About 10 minutes for each end, the middle would just unravel if pulled.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,828 Moderator
    magot wrote: »
    I wear tactical tighty whities.

Made with 600# cord ! Now that's tough.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • GermGerm Posts: 1,704 Captain
    Its just incase your plane crashes and you manage to survive lost in the jungle with nothing more than your clothes, Bear Gryllz knife and your paracord bracelet
  • JettyparkJettypark Posts: 1,966 Captain
    It's just another Money maker.. they have it for everything not just the military...
    aa13.gif "A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons"
  • prowlin4redsprowlin4reds Posts: 955 Officer
    Yes I wear one. At 6' and 230 pounds I wouldn't exactly say I'm a ****. They have come in handy from time to time when i needed a piece of rope. I also have a small survival bag in my truck incase I get stranded some where or fishing and want to stay over night.
    Survival is not mandatory.....
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    Yes I wear one. At 6' and 230 pounds I wouldn't exactly say I'm a ****.

fatty. :)
  • TeamOTGTeamOTG Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/15906468...?ref=related-1

All paracord bracelets are very useful. This one has over 16ft of paracord and hidden supplies woven inside the bracelet. These bracelets are a great thing to have while hiking, camping, fishing or just everyday carry.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,738 AG
    TeamOTG wrote: »
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/15906468...?ref=related-1

All paracord bracelets are very useful. This one has over 16ft of paracord and hidden supplies woven inside the bracelet. These bracelets are a great thing to have while hiking, camping, fishing or just everyday carry.

Yes...since this is you....

http://www.etsy.com/listing/159064680/survival-bracelet-extreme-stuffed-king?ref=related-1
    I would guess you feel that way...

Just one more silly thing people buy...the "pet rock" of today....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Yes...since this is you....

http://www.etsy.com/listing/159064680/survival-bracelet-extreme-stuffed-king?ref=related-1
    I would guess you feel that way...

Just one more silly thing people buy...the "pet rock" of today....

Actually, I'm not the original person to post this, Kodiazach was. I noticed I was getting views from Florida Sportsman and found this thread.

"Just one more silly thing people buy...the "pet rock" of today..."

Obviously, from reading this thread not everyone thinks that way. Just because you're not prepared doesn't mean others don't want to be.

Team OTG
    Actually, I'm not the original person to post this, Kodiazach was. I noticed I was getting views from Florida Sportsman and found this thread.

"Just one more silly thing people buy...the "pet rock" of today..."

Obviously, from reading this thread not everyone thinks that way. Just because you're not prepared doesn't mean others don't want to be.

Team OTG

Plenty of people bought those pet rocks...... they were just as prepared as the silly sheep of today...
    They had something to throw at someone....:rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,078 Admiral
    I think I should get a free one for all the free publicity I brought you :)
    kodiakzach wrote: »
    I think I should get a free one for all the free publicity I brought you :)

Email me at [email protected]
    Email me at [email protected]

Since your giving them away...Can I get a free pet rock too please.......
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled