Planning an October Red Snapper trip? Not so fast.

Well. Well. Well. It seems as if there is now a chance that there will not be an October Red Snapper season for the Gulf of Mexico. I had a feeling that something would prohibit it from happening. This is ridiculous. It is not possible that the recreational quota was filled in the 22 day federal season earlier this summer.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/08/fall_red_snapper_season_in_dou.html#incart_river_default

Replies

• Luna SeaLuna Sea Posts: 562 Officer
    Just read you link .... That Sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • capeanglercapeangler Posts: 586 Officer
    BS!
  • limitlesslimitless Posts: 617 Officer
    Sooooo . . . . . . . Crabtree has finally admitted the way the data works:

Crabtree said "It's really all speculation at this point."

This is an earthenware vessel of excrement!

The Snook & Gamefish Foundation is now the Angler Action Program: http://angleractionfoundation.com/  Dedicated to Conservation and Education.  Please check us out.

Angler Action Program: IAngler app trip log on your phone

• SJCSJC Posts: 2,565 Captain
    limitless wrote: »
    Sooooo . . . . . . . Crabtree has finally admitted the way the data works:

Crabtree said "It's really all speculation at this point."

This is an earthenware vessel of excrement!

:Spittingcoffee
    The Beatings will continue until moral improves!
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    The first few days of June had pretty bad weather so the number of fishable days was definitely under 22 days. Further, most guys who went out reported a very inconsistent bite at least in the first half of the season. I think this is all communist propaganda.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThePigskinCaptainThePigskinCaptain Posts: 390 Officer
    Yes, the weather was terrible at the start of the season and the bite was not very good. I can speak from the trips I ran. The northern Gulf was hit especially hard at the start of the season and that is where the majority of the fish are historically landed.
  • Last ChanceLast Chance Posts: 116 Officer
    Talking to some of the captains in Texas and the Northern Gulf and they said they lost days to the weather too. I have looked at these new numbers over and over and can't see how almost 7mp could have been caught. This new MRIP data showed we caught 2.2mp in Florida. I just don't see how that happened with the season we had on the west coast.

JoinRFA.org