Replies

• MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 7,045 Admiral
    Be careful what you wish for.
    If things here were like those countries, you
    might end up on one.
  • MadScientistMadScientist Posts: 3,402 Officer
    I like the idea of hard core criminals suffering like that, but once the word got out, don't you think a lot of them would take the," They won't take me alive!" approach, and a lot more good people would get hurt in the process.
  • fishonfishon Posts: 961 Officer
    Criminals take/kill your/my love ones the law takes them, plus 2 of their family. Call it you plus two. Would help with what natural selection can't do in the human race any more. Just a thought.
    Take America's from unaccountable to you breed them you live or die with their choices. Why should the public be accountable for criminals poor/bad choices. Crazy, but ............
    Triton 1870 Bay Sport, 115 merc. 4/stroke,
    Fish Shallow saltwater, lakes central Fl. And Lake Oconee Ga.
    Live in Lakeland
  • badbullgatorbadbullgator Posts: 1,571 Captain
    I like the idea of hard core criminals suffering like that, but once the word got out, don't you think a lot of them would take the," They won't take me alive!" approach, and a lot more good people would get hurt in the process.

I don't think it would have that big of an effect and agree with you. Additionally, I bet most crime is done either in the spur of he moment (i.e., murder, assault, DUI, and many others), or the criminal believes he will not get caught and therefore doesn't care about the potential consequences (I.e., extortion, drug trafficking, burglary, and countless others). I think most people who do crimes don't think much about getting caught, nobody plans to fail even criminals.
    I am sure there would be some effect but it would be on the group of people that already are law abiding for he most part. Tougher DUI punishment may some people to not do it, but the decision to drive drunk is made while a person is drunk and not thinking normally.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
  • SuperFlukeSuperFluke Posts: 1,889 Captain
    That would never happen here. There is no opportunity for bid steering and graft in the food/maintenance/construction contracts.
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Good ole sheriff arpiao does it well with tents. Follow him on Facebook. He even does stints in the tent prison for days when people say the heat is cruel.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • BibBib Posts: 2,357 Captain
    it can't be that bad. some of those dudes are smiling in those pics.
  • SonOfAGunninSonOfAGunnin Posts: 5,085 Admiral
    Plus two of their family, you say? Intradesting.

I like it at first glance.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,738 AG
    Plus two of their family, you say? Intradesting.

I like it at first glance.

Just one should do...they have the criminal watch as they execute his Mother....and then say " There there big fellow...not to fret...You're next!!"
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    bet those boxes are full of regret.. unlike our boxes.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    Those are all deadly, murderous El Salvadoran gang members. They deserve every day they have to spend in those cages.

I like it.
    FS Forum member since January 4, 2003
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • bottom feederbottom feeder Posts: 845 Officer
    Some of those boy have some really inspiring art on them.

Leaving Florida... take a developer with you!

• GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,924 Admiral
    I bet that place smells pretty bad.

Can we send them Joey Buttons and Popeye?
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,078 Admiral
    SuperFluke wrote: »
    That would never happen here. There is no opportunity for bid steering and graft in the food/maintenance/construction contracts.

^^ This ^^
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 26,191 AG
    What if our prisons were like this?

Halden prison in Norway.

Mini Mart Magnate

• jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,610 Admiral
    Calusa wrote: »
    Those are all deadly, murderous El Salvadoran gang members. They deserve every day they have to spend in those cages.

I like it.

Here is one of their prisons

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/revealed-shocking-images-expose-the-secret-el-salvador-prison-pens-where-gang-members-are-held-for-years-in-sweltering-cramped-and-diseased-conditions-8791627.html

I don't want to be in one of our prisons, never mind one of theirs.

Revealed: Shocking images expose the secret El Salvador prison pens where gang members are held for years in sweltering, cramped and diseased conditions

Members of rival MS-13 and M18 gangs held for years in sweltering cells designed for a maximum 72-hour stay
    John Hall

Friday 30 August 2013

Prisoner found hanging in cell

Prisoner escapes after van ambush

The last testimony: The final words of Texas death row prisoners

Leading article: In favour of a good day's work

More prisoners will be sent out to work

Shocking new images have been released of the El Salvador prisons where gang members are held for years in cramped, diseased pits.

Although the cells are only designed for a maximum stay of 72-hours, many members of the rival MS-13 and M18 gangs have been held for over a year in sweltering cells that, despite being just 12 feet wide and 15 feet tall, are usually packed with more of 30 people.

The gangs are obviously kept strictly segregated, but the inhumane conditions and harsh treatment that every prisoner faces gives them an odd sort of unity.

Click here for a large gallery of photographs from inside the prison

Although the cells are only designed for a maximum stay of 72-hours, many members of the rival MS-13 and M18 gangs have been held for over a year in sweltering cells that, despite being just 12 feet wide and 15 feet tall, are usually packed with more of 30 people.

The images of El Salvador’s prisons emerged after photojournalist Giles Clarke visited the country to talk with locals about an uneasy truce that had broken out among the gangs following a vicious two-decade long war that, at its peak, claimed around 15 lives a day. Giles' work was later published by the pioneering counter–culture magazine VICE

After discussing the huge impact the truce had had on El Salvador’s homicide rate, a disgruntled police captain offered to take Giles to see how dangerously overcrowded the country’s prison system remains.

The gangs are obviously kept strictly segregated, but the inhumane conditions and harsh treatment that every prisoner faces gives them an odd sort of unity.

The police captain and four armed guards subsequently led the reporter to the back of a police station where dozens of prisoners were being detained in so-called “gang cages” – rancid holding pits that, until now, had been totally off-limits to the press.

Although the police captain never expressly stated it, Giles felt he had granted access in the hope the report and photographs would draw worldwide attention to the terrible conditions, and help speed-up their improvement.

Throughout the interview he reportedly made reference to the fact inmates often went without meals because the prison budget didn’t stretch to keeping such a large group of people fed for such a long time.

He also described how sickness was rife among inmates as, without a doctor to treat outbreaks, diseases could regularly sweep the unsanitary cells.

The police captain, who Giles and VICE chose to keep anonymous for fear of retribution over his frankness, went on to reveal how the gangs had one cell each, with the third cell reserved for so-called “common criminals”.

Although they were only designed for a maximum 72-hour stay, many of the prisoners have been held in the police prison cells for over a year, thanks to a severe overcrowding problem within El Salvador’s long-term prison system.

Although they were only designed for a maximum 72-hour stay, many of the prisoners have been held in the police prison cells for over a year, thanks to a severe overcrowding problem within El Salvador’s long-term prison system.

Giles discovered that many of the prisoners while away their days tearing shreds from their clothing and using the material to make hammocks using crude, homemade needles.

After 40 minutes of talking to the prisoners and photographing the cages, Giles was asked to leave as news of his visit had apparently reached the head of the police service’s press department, who was now making his way to the prison to “talk” to him.

The police captain, who VICE chose to keep anonymous for fear of retribution over his frankness, went on to reveal how the gangs had one cell each, with the third cell reserved for so-called “common criminals”.

An argument reportedly broke out among the guards and prisoners, who were apparently upset that the unprecedented opportunity to speak to a journalist about their plight had been cut short.

Spooked by the imminent arrival of police captain’s superiors, Giles declined the opportunity to return to the prison the following day to speak with the gang members for a second time.

Giles Clarke's full account of his visit to the El Salvador prison can be read by clicking here. His personal website can be found at: www.gilesnclarke.com
    cadman wrote: »
    What if our prisons were like this?

Halden prison in Norway.

That would not work...since it is the Ritz compared to how most of the human $hi+ that inhabits all prisons live when they are not "guests of the state"...
    If they could get their drugs...you wouldn't be able to get them to leave with a pitchfork!
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Some of those boy have some really inspiring art on them.

Probably some nice neck tats...worthy of hanging in the louvre.....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    CaptTater wrote: »
    bet those boxes are full of regret.. unlike our boxes.

Those boxes are full of human excrement...they should be tossed into a tree chipper and the result fed to pigs to bring the cost of bacon down....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Probably some nice neck tats...worthy of hanging in the louvre.....

Lol
    I like the idea of hard core criminals suffering like that, but once the word got out, don't you think a lot of them would take the," They won't take me alive!" approach,

That would be a Godsend.... Shoot them dead and toss into a dumpster....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    GA Fin wrote: »
    I bet that place smells pretty bad.

Those are pieces of human $hi+...and $hi+ is said to have an unpleasant aroma....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • LickskilletLickskillet Posts: 168 Officer
    Im sure you smell like roses...
    Is it bow season yet??
    Im sure you smell like roses...

The part you can kiss...does not smell like roses....:rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • LickskilletLickskillet Posts: 168 Officer
    Those people were born into that pile of feces they call life. The only reason those two gangs exist and why they kill each other is the War on Drugs you so blindly support. Simple as that. The part of my **** you can kiss smells like one of those cells. You didnt specify what part I could kiss so I assume its your breath that smells like dook.
    Is it bow season yet??
  • GROUPER SCOOPERGROUPER SCOOPER Posts: 1,871 Captain
    The part you can kiss...does not smell like roses....:rotflmao

They make soap for that ya know......:grin
    Everything affects everything.You can't just change one thing.Every thing is connected.
    Those people were born into that pile of feces they call life. The only reason those two gangs exist and why they kill each other is the War on Drugs you so blindly support. Simple as that. The part of my **** you can kiss smells like one of those cells. You didnt specify what part I could kiss so I assume its your breath that smells like dook.

Pretty sure I never mentioned any support for the war on drugs...but illicit drugs are in fact bad.
    Your need to score an internet point has you off on a tangent.....that is not relevant to the conversation.

As far as what part ...I'm not gay so it will not be my breath you smell....think opposite end of that. :rotflmao

PS...You seem hyper-sensitive...You have family in the joint?
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    Those people were born into that pile of feces they call life. The only reason those two gangs exist and why they kill each other is the War on Drugs you so blindly support.

Not that I necessarily support the war on drugs, but blaming it for the existence of those gangs is BS.
    FS Forum member since January 4, 2003
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,610 Admiral
    illicit drugs are in fact bad.

legal drugs are good? Aren't legal drugs/pills now the #1 cause of overdoses? What about the number of deaths related to legal drugs like alcohol and tobacco? What about all the fat **** food addicts that have so little self control they have to tie their stomach to reduce their food intake? Obesity related diseases are going to be the #1 cause of death soon enough.