Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

near shore beach /port fishing

Wanting to take wife just offshore of the beach/port as she gets seasick easily and Im thinking can probably get some shark or tarpon or whatevers biting to keep her busy and from getting sick,,:machinegun Any suggestions??
Thank you

Replies

• BigwaveDaveBigwaveDave Posts: 319 Officer
    Slow Troll live Pogies, My wife has the same deal with offshore the second we stop moving she goes green.
  • AaronlynardAaronlynard Posts: 24 Greenhorn
  • JonbonesJonbones Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    its not also that Im trying to cure her seasickness,,, LOL just don't wanna waste lot of fuel just for her to get sick then have to come back in,, She likes fishing the river, but really any fish she catches is good time for her, so that's why im thinking right off the beach,, should be some pretty good action from what im reading as far as other posts, whether its sharks , tarpon or anything....
  • FishyGirlFishyGirl Posts: 715 Officer
    I get sea sick some times. I have been using Bonine. I take one the night before and again the next morning. Seems to be working pretty good.

Go out with live bait and look for the bait pods. You should see some tarpon busting on them close to shore.
    "America will never be destroyed from outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves"
    --Abraham Lincoln
  • PoppopPoppop Posts: 181 Deckhand
    Last week I found a school of mullet around the end of the jetty that kept my grandson entertained so he didn't get sick. It was pretty cool to watch the dolphins trying to break up the school and the sharks kept them jumping too. We started by going to the bouys to catch some bait on a sabiki rig and one rig kept us both busy.

Poppop
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    if you pick a good day, and stay close to the beach, the motion wont be much different from the river

i only get seasick when others around me start ralphing.. once i see it and/or hear it, im done for lol
  • JonbonesJonbones Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    yea I know this, as long as she sees land and is catching shell be fine,, just wanting to know whats best to fish for I guess along the beach and what to use, got a small cast net, and was thinkin bout putting in at Kelly, catch some mullet on way to locks