8/25 - Estero Bay area - Any Trout around?

Had a fair day on Sunday fishing between Big Carlos and New Pass on the inside.

Was able to get bait on the beach in the morning - nice greenbacks.

Headed to drift estero bay searching specifically for trout...blanked on trout after a couple hours. Caught several jacks when they would rip by tearing up bait, one nice bluefish and a few cats...but no trout. I fished both live greenbacks under a float and artificial (jigs with pearl white gulp shrimp).

Went to pick up the family at midday and came back out to the bay for about 30 minutes. Bite had totally died with the tide. Headed to the passes and caught lots of smaller snook, mangrove snapper and a flounder.

Finished up with a dock snook while putting the boat on the trailer.

Do you think shrimp under the cork would work better for the trout? Any other trout location ideas?

Replies

• RollerToasterRollerToaster Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    I had some good luck with trout near ding darling on gulps under a popping cork. Working the flats on an incoming in ~4 feet of water.
  • Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 761 Officer
    Sounds like you had a decent day. Everyone surely looks happy! Your live greenies are primo bait for the trout... If they were around, they would have eaten....
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
  • rugbyryrugbyry Posts: 80 Deckhand
    I haven't caught trout with any consistency all summer. That time of year, I guess.