Skip to main content
Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

100 miles off Madeira Beach, Florida

124»

Replies

• harbisonharbison Senior Member Posts: 5,683 Admiral
    "Sorry Bob for hi-jacking this thread again. I though it was over" No problem sir!
  • perlman1234perlman1234 Senior Member PompanoPosts: 1,449 Officer
    He amuses me, because now actual people are going against what his person is saying about me he doesn' t know what to do. So now it is having a bromance and im still a mooch though many people have spoken against his notion. It's all good navy keep bringing the nonsense. You are the only reason people are still beating this horse... I tried to let it go a couple days ago.
  • Navy_FishingNavy_Fishing Senior Member Tampa BayPosts: 817 Officer
    So if you spend years as a thief and then go 2 months without stealing does that make you any less a thief? And no, I am not calling you a thief, just using it as an example. You can exchange any other poor character flaw in there you want. When those closest to you turn on you, you know it's for real. I am glad you are pulling your own lately. I guess the reputation will eventually fade.
  • Capt. PantsCapt. Pants Senior Member Riverview, Fl.Posts: 667 Officer
    harbison wrote: »
    :banghead The bottom line is a very few on here are jealous of the amount of fishing & hunting I get to do. I started preparing early, first by obtaining a good education, and then by working hard for many years. I earned what I am now doing. And for this, I apologize to no one!
    I love the woods & waters of this great state. I loved sharing my many adventures. I will continue to do so for as long as I am able. Thousands share with me every single trip. For those few who, "come out of their holes when he posts," you are contributing absolutely nothing to this, or any, thread. Remember! "everyone knows their tactics."
    "Sorry Bob for hi-jacking this thread again. I though it was over" No problem sir. For me it is over. I have said what needed to be said. Those who want to 'fight' can find some place else to do it. I have much more important things to do. Bob
    It takes (2) to fight. I fight with nobody.
    The bickering between Harbison and LilCTheFishSlayer and Navy and Perlman as well as myself is why it continues.
    I have NO BEEF with Bob!!! NONE... I apologized to BOB earlier in this thread. I have name called NOBODY.
    Hopefully they lock this thread and do away with it.
    Your new thread is much better with no hassle.... this one will continue forever and ever and ever.... I'm done unless my name is again drug out by the Hubbards minions.... NO ISSUES WITH HUBBARDS, FS OR BOB HARBISON.
    So if you spend years as a thief and then go 2 months without stealing does that make you any less a thief? And no, I am not calling you a thief, just using it as an example. You can exchange any other poor character flaw in there you want. When those closest to you turn on you, you know it's for real. I am glad you are pulling your own lately. I guess the reputation will eventually fade.
    Who is a thief? Or "insert poor character flaw"?
    I'm so confused!!! LOL :shrug
    Closest to me? I already told you to name him but you still elude it. Right now you look like the lyer you are. No factual anything, just little crap you keep spitting out that mouth of yours. Why dont you give examples of me being a mooch or a "theif" which I hope to god you are not trying to say I am either. Or keep dodging the facts and truth like you seem to be so good at doing.
  • Navy_FishingNavy_Fishing Senior Member Tampa BayPosts: 817 Officer
    There's no name calling here you minions..... Classic!
    There's no name calling here you minions..... Classic!
    LOL... :grin
    The real people that fish with me know I am not like that. I guess the people you make up or who don't know me (like you navy) can say what they will.
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Moderator Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,479 Moderator
    Hopefully they lock this thread and do away with it.
    /QUOTE]Since this forum thrives on traffic, there's no way this will be locked, Yet.
  • LilcthefishslayerLilcthefishslayer Senior Member Tampa/ Town&CountryPosts: 611 Officer
    I don't think I called anybody any names. So don't get it twisted. I have been a long time FS member and have contributed plenty of fishing reports, hell some even made the front page. Of course that was when this was a much better forum. But I still come back and post my reports. That being said thanks for the name calling. You hurt my feelings :( :USA Keep those interesting reports coming. Touche 11 pager :o
    :Rockon Will do! I love sharing the action!
    . Be sure to watch the video at the end of my latest report, 'Grown men brought to their knees.' I was able to document plenty of action. Watch the great cobia fight.
  • RMDRMD Senior Member Manitowoc, WI / Sarasota, FLPosts: 1,796 Officer
    I have personally fished with Perlman 4 or 5 times and every time he made a significant contribution to our trip which was some combination of fuel, ice, bait, gear, spots, etc. Regardless of specifics, all the guys on our boat felt everyone (include Perlman) made an equal and satisfactory contribution to the success of our group. He has never asked for or expected something for free in my interactions with him. That's my experience over the past 18 months of knowing him.

As far as fish bruising, when you bring a fish in the boat and de-hook it half the the fish flop around the boat like crazy slamming into the deck, your legs, etc. They also flop like crazy when you first put them on ice. Last thing is they are getting bounced around in the icebox on the 2 hour run back in while you are doing 40mph. Any potential bruising could also be from these factors as well. I see bruises on almost all my ARS, very infrequently on the grouper. I think the ARS just go a little more crazy when caught.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mango TangoMango Tango Senior Member St Pete/IslamoradaPosts: 2,018 Captain
    FWIW bruising only occurs in fish that are alive.
    Thanks ryan.... you are a stand up guy and have always had fun on your boat.
    Thanks mango for clearing this up.
  • LastMangoLastMango Banned JupiterPosts: 4,574 Officer
    I cannot believe this discussion about "bruising of the fish" is still going on....... Either pick another boat you want to go out on, or man-up and buy your own boat and then only YOU are accountable for fish handling...... WTH guys, we're all better than this...
    :nono I sure hope "We're all better than this." Actually, 'bruised fish' was never the issue !
  • LilcthefishslayerLilcthefishslayer Senior Member Tampa/ Town&CountryPosts: 611 Officer
    I like the reports, but why must they slam the fish around so much. If you are a true fisherman/woman you can easily see the meat is badly bruised from this... By the way they do this 2-5 times per trip. Just wish they would figure out a way to not do this. Nice report though Bob.

If that was starting an argument. I must be doing it wrong..... Haters gonna hate. Love how ppl are quick to start $#it

And for the record this was your reply. "People who like to 'complain' will do their thing with anyone who will listen".
    If the only thing that needs to be discussed is some hypothetical situation that Never existed, NOAA must be doing a great job

The myth has run it's course. Back to basics ! "WC FISHING repots. :ontopic
    Be sure to check out my latest report 'Grown men brought to their knees.' Witness, first hand the great cobia battle, the big shark bite, and fighting huge AJ. The video is sure to amaze you. This is what I do. I will leave the 'hypothetical' antics to those who have nothing better to do. Leaving this Friday for the Grounds. Will furnish a full report. Next hunting trip will be 10/5. Will furnish a full report. As usual, I will provide many on the spot pictures & video. Join me in all the action! Bob
    huntingampfishing_zps97703a56.jpg
  • BottombouncerBottombouncer Banned Posts: 678 Officer
    My wife will occasionally make me suffer through "The Kardashians" or "Big Brother". This really reminds me of it! It's like a guy version. Name calling, bickering, back-stabbing, talking behind backs... I mean, it has all the makings of a reality show. Drama, sadness, no plot...and at the end nothing has been accomplished. You're just left feeling dumber and wondering why you wasted time watching.
    Agreed 100% I for one will waste NO more time. I have better things to do.
  • AsianBaitAsianBait Senior Member South TampaPosts: 173 Officer
    Harbison,

Where do you host the hunting trips at? i.e. Where can I find some info on that?
    My daughter & I go to a place called Tiger Island Outfitters.Cedar Key,Fl. Contact info: (352) 543-0851 or (904) 483-0450
    we have been going there for years; we love it. My E.Mail address is [email protected] Anyone interested send me an E. Mail & I will tell you all I know. Dee & I have had some remendous experiences there. WE are treated like family. Check out our 3/4 page article in the August isssue of Woods'nWater magazine.
    P7280004_zps221cca75.jpg

Bob & Dee
  • abm5926abm5926 Senior Member Posts: 186 Deckhand
    Man, I think I got lost.... I thought I was reading fishing reports.
  • clarosaclarosa Senior Member tampa, flPosts: 972 Officer
    20lbs of "bruised" snapper fillets from my last hubbards trip. They all tasted just awful!! haha :rotflmao
    SnappaSlappa jigs, Made By Fisherman FOR fisherman

https://snappaslappa.com/collections/jigs
  • Mango ManMango Man Senior Member Tierra VerdePosts: 13,570 AG
    harbison wrote: »
    Agreed 100% I for one will waste NO more time. I have better things to do.
    Then why don't you. You keep posting to keep this thread front and center.
    clarosa wrote: »

20lbs of "bruised" snapper fillets from my last hubbards trip. They all tasted just awful!! haha :rotflmao
    We're so glad. Now, don't you think it's time to move on??

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • clarosaclarosa Senior Member tampa, flPosts: 972 Officer
    Mango Man wrote: »
    Then why don't you. You keep posting to keep this thread front and center.

We're so glad. Now, don't you think it's time to move on??

Was a joke...calm down....hence the haha and smiley :Bike
    SnappaSlappa jigs, Made By Fisherman FOR fisherman

https://snappaslappa.com/collections/jigs
  • Mango ManMango Man Senior Member Tierra VerdePosts: 13,570 AG
    clarosa wrote: »
    Was a joke...calm down....hence the haha and smiley :Bike

:rolleyes

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • reelgrimmreelgrimm Senior Member MiamiPosts: 459 Deckhand
    LastMango wrote: »
    I cannot believe this discussion about "bruising of the fish" is still going on....... Either pick another boat you want to go out on, or man-up and buy your own boat and then only YOU are accountable for fish handling...... WTH guys, we're all better than this...

Well said. Must of been windy when this thread was created.
    My Youtube Channel
    Boat: 2015 25' Competition Single 300 Yamaha
    Latest Fishing Report - Snook on the Beach

This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Digital Now Included!

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

Preview This Month's Issue

Buy Digital Single Issues

Don't miss an issue.
Buy single digital issue for your phone or tablet.

Buy Single Digital Issue on the Florida Sportsman App

Other Magazines

See All Other Magazines

Special Interest Magazines

See All Special Interest Magazines

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Florida Sportsman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement

Phone Icon

Get Digital Access.

All Florida Sportsman subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets.

To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine.

Get Digital Access

Not a Subscriber?
Subscribe Now