Z Cleaner

swampmonsterswampmonster Posts: 307 Deckhand
I tried it and this stuff really works great on the deck and seats. I am wondering if there are any bad long term effects. Thanks.

Replies

• Divado7Divado7 Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    I tried it and this stuff really works great on the deck and seats. I am wondering if there are any bad long term effects. Thanks.

That stuff is the bomb! As with any cleaner/degreaser you use on your vinyl, you want to follow that harsh cleaning chemical with a conditioner/uv protectant to keep it from drying out. 303 is a good over the counter conditioner/protectant.

As far as using on your non-skid deck, its a great cleaner for getting tough stains loose.. However, with any degreaser, it does dry out your gelcoat over time.. A good boat soap is recommended for weekly washes on all gelcoat surfaces.
    Have your boat professionally detailed.
    www.superiorboatdetailing.com
    Clearwater, FL
  • swampmonsterswampmonster Posts: 307 Deckhand
    Yes I do follow up with a vinyl conditioner and Woodys Wax. I really only use Z Cleaner on tough stains.
  • tilemantileman Posts: 1,118 Officer
    Cant find it.
    Here's ta swimn' with bowllegged women!
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,332 Captain
    West Marine.

Very popular. I wondered about long term effects too.Too early to tell??
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
  • sneaky snookersneaky snooker Posts: 746 Officer
    I use Bar Keepers Friend on my non-skid and it works awesome ! I wash my boat stem to stern with Woodys pine wash after every use. The pine wash leaves everything smelling great. I have never tried the Z cleaner. I have minimal vinyl on my skiff and just wash it with the Woodys pine. Been using these products for four years on my current boat. Just did all my gel coat this week with Mequirs one step cleaner/wax and I am very pleased with results. Easy on /off for a hand applied product. When its blowing like it has been I do boat maintenance !
    2015 Shearwater 23 TE w/ Yamaha SHO 250