DIY Seadek

wilgwilg Posts: 8 Greenhorn
SeaDek cuts like butter and it trims very easily with a router. I used a router table for the straight cuts and outside corners and a trim router for the inside curves. I had it on a gheenoe for 2 yrs with no problems at all, very stain resistant and no lifting anywhere. Very easy on the feet and quiets your boat so you don't spook the fish as easily. If your interested in doing this yourself, message me and I can help you.
[IMG][/img]4_zpsce13d3d3.jpg
[IMG][/img]10_zpse7aeabf0.jpg
[IMG][/img]_DSC5950_zps507b45e5.jpg
[IMG][/img]_DSC5809_zpsc67e33b0.jpg[IMG][/img]0026_DSC5994_zpsc937a46c.jpg
[IMG][/img]_DSC5986_zps0a95b154.jpg

Replies

• Capt M BrennanCapt M Brennan Posts: 488 Officer
    Looks really good.
    Captain Mike Brennan
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 3,168 Captain
    Wow!

Nice work.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
  • cookin outcookin out Posts: 237 Deckhand
    Wow...that looks great....you spent some time with that.
  • project1project1 Posts: 347 Deckhand
    That looks awesome man! Nice job

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  • SpecksOnDeckSpecksOnDeck Posts: 103 Deckhand
    Looks awesome! Might have taken some time and effort but it looks to be well worth it, very nice. Did you order the Sea Deck or get it from a local store?
  • cookin outcookin out Posts: 237 Deckhand
    Just curious.......what happens when it gets old, starts to come apart and looks like crap.....I know the stuff last a long time but nothing last forever.....I am guessing there is a procedure to get the foam and glue off???? just curious....I.m thinking of putting some on part of my boat....and, can you apply it to the no-skid surface???? thanks
  • GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,796 Admin
    cookin out wrote: »
    Just curious.......what happens when it gets old, starts to come apart and looks like crap.....I know the stuff last a long time but nothing last forever.....I am guessing there is a procedure to get the foam and glue off???? just curious....I.m thinking of putting some on part of my boat....and, can you apply it to the no-skid surface???? thanks

From website:

If I choose to remove the pad how do I do this?

Use a plastic putty knife to get under one corner. Grip and pull off. If the EVA seems to be sticking and tearing, use the putty knife to jab the area. You may want to enlist another set of hands to assist. Once the entire pad is removed, there will be a small amount of PSA left on the surface. Soak with mineral spirits for 10 minutes, scrap with the plastic putty knife. Once the PSA has been removed, use acetone to remove the mineral spirits.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • wilgwilg Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Looks awesome! Might have taken some time and effort but it looks to be well worth it, very nice. Did you order the Sea Deck or get it from a local store?

I got my seadek from seadeks website, they are the only ones selling the 2tone. You have to call to get the 2 color. My previous seadek on my gheenoe was on for 2 yrs with no issues. I did remove some where I had put a hatch and it wasn't too hard. came up in smaller pieces but I guess that's a good thing. used acetone to remove glue..