Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

surprise find

I went to look at a 2101 century. Nice boat but too old for me. I decided no more 200 mile drives to look at old boats. But I had one more scheduled to see and thought ok this is the last old boat. It was a 2002 seapro sv2100. Itold the guy I wanted a 4 stroke, it had a 2002 (efi I think) Yamaha 150 2 stroke. I told him I didn't think it would go in very shallow water. I told him I didn't think it would get on plane too quick being that big of a boat. I told him all kinds of stuff and he just keep saying follow me to the lake. We get to the lake and get everybody aboard and we take off like we were in a bass boat. we meet a 2 story party pontoon and hit its wake running 40. I let out a small scream because in the old tracker we would have been airborne but the seapro just raised a little and kept going! it had 3 wells with one plumbed as a recirc. could have a little more storage but both the original owners were striper fisherman on lakes around here (KY). this boat is $8000 under my budget! Am I getting excited to soon (if I hadn't have bought a few boats before I would have paid him on the dock!). does anyone know anything about a seapro sv 2100. It is supposed to draft 10". Its been well taken care of. Am I missing something or should I keep looking for a newer boat. Thanks for all input

Replies

• 10kman10kman Posts: 777 Officer
    Your question seems to be,why is this boat $8000 below what I expected to pay?So let me give you some possibles.
    based on buying a few used boats in past.
    1.Another boat on the way and that's all the dealer would give him on trade in.
    2.Boat sunk and recovered.Boat looks great on outside but foam core inside boat corroding away.
    3.Change in boat owner financial situation.Needs money quick.Divorce,new family addition,unemployed,moving.
    4.Motor has some issues.
  • muchocincomuchocinco Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    number 3 was reason given. But I still don't understand why the nada value is low also. seems like one of those boats you better love when you buy it cause theres not much resale. wished I could talk to someone whose owned one. I have no experience with sea pro but im in ky also. thanks for reply
  • westywesty Posts: 129 Deckhand
    My buddy has a 22' seapro. He mainly fishes the back country on the southwest coast. The boat rides nice and is pretty solid,even though it could use more storage. I believe it is a 2002, he has a 150 on it also, and it is plenty of power.