PalmBeachPete Charges Big Surf

FS JeffFS Jeff Posts: 373 Moderator
Lookout Irene, we're going fishing!

(Actually this was a week ago, when PalmBeachPete graciously agreed to risk his neck for a little 'yak tour of the reefs off Broward. Thanks, Pete!)

Pete and some of the local boys are gonna be featured in an upcoming special FS project. More on that in a few months.
Jeff Weakley

Replies

• palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Jeff, we will have to make another trip out on a good flat day. The report was for 2 foot or less but the storm off the beach kicked it up a bit. Hope for it to lay down after it passed, but it seemed to stay in one spot. We paddled threw it only to find a bigger storm behind it. It is no fun in a chop like that.
  • SaltysackSaltysack Posts: 463 Officer
    Im in...when are we going to take on this storm!? Still have yet to get out with ya Pete, I hear you've been hitting up my backyard in beercan alley (Pompano). Let me know, we'll ge hit some sunken ships together one day.
  • ifishifish Posts: 132 Deckhand
    awesome pic
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    C'mon Joel and Pete, Ill give it a whirl....lol Who's afraid of a lil bump?
    Leave the rods and electronics home, could be fun....:)

SEAS 12 TO 14 FEET. DOMINANT PERIOD 10 SECONDS. EAST NORTHEAST

SWELL 4 TO 6 FEET BECOMING NORTH NORTHEAST. INTRACOASTAL WATERS

ROUGH IN EXPOSED AREAS. SHOWERS LIKELY IN THE EVENING. SLIGHT CHANCE

OF THUNDERSTORMS THROUGH THE NIGHT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS EARLY IN THE

MORNING.

Im of course kidding as far as Tomorrow goes, :nono but in all seriousness its a BLAST to paddle and play in 4-6 waves w no gear to loose!
    Pete, thats a great shot of you walking your yak out to the bar - no lack of trying that day ! Joel, linka looks like the last day we tried to get out and 2/3 of us dumped in the surf ( ME ...lol ) :rotflmao
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Saltysack wrote: »
    Im in...when are we going to take on this storm!? Still have yet to get out with ya Pete, I hear you've been hitting up my backyard in beercan alley (Pompano). Let me know, we'll ge hit some sunken ships together one day.

Saltysack, I will let you know. You all have some great wreck down there. The next time I go it will be flat seas.
  • IS IT SLOTIS IT SLOT Posts: 204 Deckhand
    pete charges big surf . . . .lol are you sure it's the same pete lol
    how's it going PBPete any AJ's lately or any other big tugs?