Prayers for the Bahamas

13»

Replies

• Captain DaveCaptain Dave Posts: 3,388 Captain
    oldhat wrote: »
    As posted by Capt Dave, no power or cell service on Grand. How did you find this out ? Sat phone ? I tried to call a couple friends there but cells said that no service. I'm going to run across on tues if the forcast holds for 1 to 2. Thinking 20 to 30 cases of water plus maybe PB&J, bread and flashlights.

Yes, my friend Joe Edge has been in contact with those on the island via Sat phone all day.
    72262-albums10528-picture94957.jpg

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    overall from the pictures I've seen and the reports I've read it looks like MAJOR damage was avoided which is great news. 04/05 looked much worse. The far SE islands looked like they took the heavy damage. It could have been much, much worse.
  • lhouck23lhouck23 Posts: 57 Deckhand
    That's great to hear. Glad everything is ok. I am relieved as i was expecting more damage That's pretty minimal for strong Cat 2 storm.
    27 Contender :D
    Stuart, FL
    Pirate's Cove Marina
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lazy BonesLazy Bones Posts: 941 Officer
    produceb wrote: »
    Heard thru the grapevine damage was not real major in Grand, they are out of power and phones , but if you fart too hard somedays over there you can knock those out. I hope this rumor is true, I have not confirmed yet. I did hear also that Flanigans house boat sank. None of this is confirmed thou. Anyone else hear any reports?

The house boat sank on one side, but was still in the slip. Not sure how much water came in, evidently, it is a pontoon style boat. The sky bar made out ok.
  • IdlewildeIdlewilde Posts: 1,357 Officer
    Where can you find pictures of Grand?
  • Next LevelNext Level Posts: 2,963 Captain
    We finally got a text off of Green Turtle today. All homes and businesses in town were flooded. Sundowners is totally gone. They are expecting 2 weeks of no electricity but it seems no loss of life.

Also heard from a friend that his house was good to go on Sugarloaf Key. Boats were fine in the harbor too so I think they were spared.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Wow, that's not good to hear about GTC, hope the flooding wasn't too bad. Will miss Sundowners, although I can't imagine that structure withstanding much wind/waves.
  • Captain DaveCaptain Dave Posts: 3,388 Captain
    Sorry to hear that about Green Turtle. Just thankful for no loss of life. Hope they recover quickly... great people there.
    72262-albums10528-picture94957.jpg

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM
  • N2naclh20N2naclh20 Posts: 279 Deckhand
    There is no greater passion than that of a fisherman.
    Avatar photo: Grandparents and my Dad at Blowing Rocks, Jupiter 1923.