Turtle Wax Ice

SpookSpook Posts: 144 Deckhand
I bought a bottle of Turtle Wax Ice to use on the wife's Jeep. It has those black plastic fenders and bumpers that have started to show some signs of fading. It worked very well on the Jeep, it is like wax for plastic. I then tried it on the boat. It is great for waxing around your gauges and compass. I had some old Rejex on the sides of my gauges and the Ice took it right off. I even used it on my switches and they look much better. I just put it on so not sure how long it will last but it is very easy to use so won't be hard to reapply.
I will continue to use Rejex on the rest of the boat but will use the Ice around any trim.

Replies

• Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,230 Officer
    Did you get the Rejex on the boat deck? Mine is still beading quarter size beads and blows clean mostly with a hose. I have to lightly scrub a few places.Thanks for the Ice tip. will try it when my Mothers back to Black bottle is gone.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
  • trponhuntertrponhunter Posts: 248 Deckhand
    Does 't rejex make the deck slippery?????
    *Previous - 2000 Egret 189 carbon w/ vmax 150 - twin rotating prop
    *Previous - 2008 Egret 189 carbon w/ ETEC 150
    *Previous 2010 Beavertail Vengence w/ETEC 90
    *Current - 2015 Beavertail BTV w/ Suzuki 90
  • SpookSpook Posts: 144 Deckhand
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    Did you get the Rejex on the boat deck? Mine is still beading quarter size beads and blows clean mostly with a hose. I have to lightly scrub a few places.Thanks for the Ice tip. will try it when my Mothers back to Black bottle is gone.

I did get the Rejex on the non skid per your recommendation. It has worked out very well. I can clean my whole boat with a soft bristle brush now. I bet the Ice wax would work really well on the non skid too.

To answer the other question, the Rejex is not slippery.
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,230 Officer
    Probable will work. People don't realize you can wax the non-skid on the Egret with your favorite flavor of wax. You just use a brush for the applicator.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
  • MonomanMonoman Posts: 977 Officer
    I found Regex on the deck of my 16 actually felt like it had more grip. The 16 has a less aggresive pattern.
    This signature intentionally left blank.