*** TROPICAL STORM IRENE ***

Everyone in south Florida should pay attention to this storm...Right now its projected to skirt Florida's east coast as a Cat 2 and make landfall around Georgia/North Carolina; however, with the warm waters in the Caribbean, it could potentially be a Cat 3 at landfall...

map_tropinfo09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

024913W5_NL_sm.gif

uhai_2_640x480.gif

storm_09

AL092011mlts.gif

YOU CAN CHECK OUT MORE MAPS AND GRAPHS AT MY BEARPAWS WEATHER TROPICAL PAGE
BearPawsWeatherFSSig.jpg

Replies

• wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Captain
    Ya'll stay safe down there.
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
  • keylargo359keylargo359 Posts: 1,249 Officer
    Not :hairraiser Panicking :hairraiser Yet :hairraiser
    The worst day of fishing is still better than the best day of work:\
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    I wonder if the swords will eat today. :)

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • FritzFritz Posts: 253 Officer
    Thanks for posting Bear Paws WX!
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Officer
    I better start practicing on hunkering down
  • urbanRenewalurbanRenewal Posts: 395 Officer
    I'm not a big fan of the red model.
    Capt. Tom Urban, "urbanRenewal", Cudjoe Key, FL www.LooeKeyReefAdventures.com
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Captain
    I'm not a big fan of the red model.

I agree! I am not a fan either!
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,127 AG
    I live on a canal in Lauderdale but have the boat out on the end of a 190 foot dock, oceanside in Tavernier! Yikes!

Yesterday (it's 1:15pm Mon now) I was ready to run the boat home to Lauderdale but now I'm pretty sure that it's actually safer down here! The Admiral is running down some extra fenders anyway.....
  • keewestgrlkeewestgrl Posts: 192 Deckhand
    Gary M wrote: »
    I live on a canal in Lauderdale but have the boat out on the end of a 190 foot dock, oceanside in Tavernier! Yikes!

Yesterday (it's 1:15pm Mon now) I was ready to run the boat home to Lauderdale but now I'm pretty sure that it's actually safer down here! The Admiral is running down some extra fenders anyway.....

I wouldn't be too sure about that! I live in Tavernier (Oceanside) and we just sent the generator to the shop (10 days ago) so it's practically guaranteed to make landfall in my backyard!!!! :Sinking

MM92, actually. If your boat is close by, I would be happy to keep an eye on it for you!
  • mikeloewmikeloew Posts: 327 Deckhand
    That sucks, we are supossed to fly in to Ft Laud Sat morning, if the aircraft will even go, and drive down to Marathon for the week. I just rented a 28' boat. I dont know weather to cancel it or keep it now, I would assume the water will be rough all week and maybe un fishible. Any thoughts from those that have been there, done that?
    Marathon vacation home for rent

http://www.floridakeyshomeforrent.com/
  • keewestgrlkeewestgrl Posts: 192 Deckhand
    You should not change your plans! Come on down, we're open for business as usual!!! =)

Seriously, hard to say until late Tuesday, early Wednesday but my guess is that your vacation will be fine!
  • TheBugShackTheBugShack Posts: 98 Greenhorn
    Very through post!!! GO EAST IRENE!!

"The Bug Shack"
    Fl Keys Waterfront Rental
    http://www.homeaway.com/399780
    Frank
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,728 Captain
    Gary M wrote: »

Had you been standing at the end of that 190' dock at 9:00 AM this morning, you would have seen me waving to you. :-). My work schedule didn't allow me the luxury of waiting, so I erred on the side of caution and put the boat up inside the barn in Lauderdale. Looks like I (and you) would have been just fine staying put.
  • keylargo359keylargo359 Posts: 1,249 Officer
    Gary M This is the worse part I hate it.well not really the worse part.That would be if it hits us but I'm in the same boat a home on a lake in PSN ski boat, jet ski along with all the other junk out on the lake then To shutter or not to shutter the house and a trailer in key largo with two boats and a bunch more [email protected]:cry:blahblah:hairraiser If you wait until they tell you it's coming here. then its to late to get it all done I guess I have to make the call early tomorow
    The worst day of fishing is still better than the best day of work:\
  • Permit RatPermit Rat Posts: 2,283 Captain
    The cone of probability has again shifted slightly East. Twenty years ago, I would have said the Keys were 95% in the clear, the other 5% coming, once the storm passed through your latitude. No more....recent storms have done some pretty whacky things, almost as if being influenced by Key West itself.

Me, my house is in Stuart....that part of Florida that juts out farthest into the Atlantic. What's worse is, now the storm is forecast to be a Cat-4 by the time it gets there. So if there is a shift to the West, I'll be accepting (clean) Depends donations. Oh well.
    .......Rick