Red light cameras anything I can do to fight them.

CannibleCannible Posts: 358 Officer
I am learning the laws 158 dollars at a time. Yes it is bad to run yellow lights, we do illegals things all the time and not know it. No matter how strait arrow you think you are there is always something. This is beyond unconstitutional. Is there some fight on going that I am unaware and should be apart of?

Replies

• saltyseniorsaltysenior Posts: 798 Officer
    so i'ts constitutional to run a lite ???
  • JMDOUGJMDOUG Posts: 45 Deckhand
    Nothing u can do but pay the ticket, just advoid that street and take another route
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,271 Officer
    Why not try to stop at the light? Maybe develop some common sense along the way? You can see the cameras before you get there, what's the problem?
  • CannibleCannible Posts: 358 Officer
    Wow, you're just missing the point completely.
  • chronicbreakchronicbreak Posts: 645 Officer
    Missing the point...? Someone in this thread is missing the point. Slow down and don't run yellow/red lights and there won't be a ticket. Have you ever seen one of those accidents when someone runs a light and t-bones another vehicle?
    National Marine Fisheries Service
    DESTROYING FISHERMEN AND THEIR COMMUNITIES SINCE 1976
  • majorgatormajorgator Posts: 369 Deckhand
    I get the point...but if you get a red light camera ticket, you're stuck with it. Its a civil fine against your vehicle, no points, nothing criminal. If you don't pay the fines, your vehicle registration becomes void. I've never had a ticket for this, but that's the best of my understanding.

Truth is, red light cameras are nothing more than a revenue generating scam for the camera company (the one who holds the contract) and the local police.

Regarding your thought about living in a constant state of criminality, refer to quote below from Ayn Rand:
    There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,069 AG
    fish_stix wrote: »
    Why not try to stop at the light? Maybe develop some common sense along the way? You can see the cameras before you get there, what's the problem?

To me it was a new road travel. Had no idea there was a camera. I was turning right on a red light. Cross traffic were making left hand turns blocking anyone hitting me. Seeing this I only tapped my brakes, then went. $158 later, I won't do that again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • Austins26Austins26 Posts: 1,989 Captain
    Google it I have read that some have beat the camera By timing and video of the actual camera at the said intersection. i.e.: differing timing for Green, Yellow, Red light cycles

I for one Honestly do not believe that Cameras prevent accidents (having read up of the subject). I believe they're nothing more than a source of revenue for the municipality.

Bring the Flames :banana:hairraiser:angel:blahblah:willynilly:Angry:rolleyes:Horse:bandwagon:cookoo:applause
    The Original HOTD poster
    680k views 360 plus posts Deleted by a so called Mod over a little cleavage

member since Oct 1998 long before most of You
  • heavychevy15heavychevy15 Posts: 837 Officer
    Most of them you can see the crosswalk light that has the countdown from green to yellow. This allows you to realize if the red light is coming soon.

I personally don't like them cuz I feel people speed up to try and beat the light and it defeats the purpose of them.
  • CannibleCannible Posts: 358 Officer
    Why yes I have, the facts are these cameras do nothing to lower these numbers in fact they increase them.
    Missing the point...? Someone in this thread is missing the point. Slow down and don't run yellow/red lights and there won't be a ticket. Have you ever seen one of those accidents when someone runs a light and t-bones another vehicle?
  • BakermanBakerman Posts: 1,222 Officer
    Flash wrote: »
    To me it was a new road travel. Had no idea there was a camera. I was turning right on a red light. Cross traffic were making left hand turns blocking anyone hitting me. Seeing this I only tapped my brakes, then went. $158 later, I won't do that again.

Right turn on red after a complete stop. What you did is called a California stop in some areas. It has been illegal in every state in the US since the universal traffic act of 1975 or 76. It's been a while. I'm just courious why you'd ask a forum where wildlife officers answer the, or supposed to, questions.............why would you ask them how to beat the law in a public forum?
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,069 AG
    Bakerman wrote: »
    I'm just courious why you'd ask a forum where wildlife officers answer the, or supposed to, questions.............why would you ask them how to beat the law in a public forum?

Maybe you should address the OP? :shrug
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield