Best vacation..big snook,trout and jack

I spent about about 6 years in the Stuart area as a child and had my heart stolen. I've been fishing since 3 but nowhere else in the world does it for me. I take vacation twice a year and thats where we go, religously. Beware natives full time competition is within site. We came down from Georgia for a week starting on July 20. Moon and weather in our favor, we started out every morning in the dark. I keep up with the posts regularly and seen they were hitting small baits. First day was kinda slow lost a good snook, caught a couple little ones and the usual suspects of small undesirable line pullers. Any fish is a good fish though. Day two switched up fishing style and location. Got some 10" mullet and the big top waters out and it was on. In between the sharks(numerous and large for inshore) I managed a total of 4 trout from 20-33" the biggest ones girth was 18". The big one was caught on big mullet.That one is going on the wall. 2 reds right at the top of slot on artificials. Probably 50 snook from about 24-42", 3 over or at 40". The 3 big ens came on live bait. The usual line pullers being jack and ladys. One of which being a big inshore, probaly close to 20#. Jumped a couple of small tarps but couldn't seal the deal. I hooked at least 15 sharks some small, but up to about 8'. Most these fish were caught while wading.

Replies