Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Tampa shore fishing reccomendations?

Hello All,

Coming to Tampa Bay for a couple of weeks, could anyone please recommend a good place to fish from shore, pier, or bridge? I don't care what I catch, just love to fish. Has to to be easy to find, I've never been to Tampa. An address I could GPS would be awesome.

Thanks for any help

Replies

• crrazychickencrrazychicken Posts: 43 Greenhorn
    There was a great report of guy on vacation fishing John's Pass around the bridge from shore recently, looked like he had a great time and caught some nice fish. I'd start there, I believe he was fishing at night. Up in the Tampa area there are wadeable flats around Gandy. There are some folks who do great at the skyway as well, I'd follow their reports and see what they are doing.
    Scott
    Tampa Carollwood area
    Carolina Skiff 198 DLV Elite
  • Austins26Austins26 Posts: 1,989 Captain
    7ft MH action rod

4000 series reel

20lbs braid

20-30lbs mono leader

2/0,3/0 circle hooks

split shot weights

X-Rap (in ghost color)

Super Fluke Jr 5/0 offset worm hook (walmart)

wading boots (dive booties)

Google Earth

search young warrior search it's at the top right hand side of the page
    The Original HOTD poster
    680k views 360 plus posts Deleted by a so called Mod over a little cleavage

member since Oct 1998 long before most of You
  • SalmononeSalmonone Posts: 71 Deckhand
    What about the 275 bridge? My hotel looks to be right off of it. Would a kayak do me any good in this area?
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    I fish a little south of there from the cockroach bay to skyway to Ft Desoto. For a visiter Ft Desoto is the easiest and the best but it's a bit of a drive a solid 45 minutes. Google reports from the Gandy bridge area that's close and I hear about good fishing there.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • crrazychickencrrazychicken Posts: 43 Greenhorn
    Salmonone wrote: »
    What about the 275 bridge? My hotel looks to be right off of it. Would a kayak do me any good in this area?

A kayak on the St Pete side of the bridge would get you near some great spots and most of it is pretty good, the Tampa side is a little tougher there are fish but they can be tough to find

If you have a kayak available take your favorite jig to the other side of 275
    Scott
    Tampa Carollwood area
    Carolina Skiff 198 DLV Elite