Skip to main content
Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

POI Boat Ramp 7/30

Joe SnookJoe Snook Senior Memberport of the islands in NaplesPosts: 468 Deckhand
It looks really good. Concrete goes far back into the water on a good pitch. I heard theyre just waiting on inspections then it will be open.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 4 Beta
southwest florida fishing guide in the beautiful 10k islands, everglades and more www.Joesnook.com

Replies

• blewitupsirblewitupsir Senior Member Everglades City/Labelle FLPosts: 774 Officer
    Thanks for the update Joe. I'll be back down next week getting back to work and will be so glad to have that ramp back open. In the mean time buddy here's a sneak of my battles this week.
    3b28cac49d430bc4241be3c6a2bade4e.jpg
    c2067e445d42e27c569c3dfaa08833d6.jpg
    7479d40c64919f8ef560e4aad25b24ca.jpg
    4f1220976fceee17f552a76e8e784cec.jpg
    http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.
  • Joe SnookJoe Snook Senior Member port of the islands in NaplesPosts: 468 Deckhand
    Looks a little bit like what I was into when I was in Bimini last week.
    Youll see this sign on the dock as your backin the boat in. Broadening horizens

southwest florida fishing guide in the beautiful 10k islands, everglades and more www.Joesnook.com
  • blewitupsirblewitupsir Senior Member Everglades City/Labelle FLPosts: 774 Officer
    Good for you man, I'm way to lazy to offer any competition in that market. And not Bimini but same concept, Costa Rica
    http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.
  • Joe SnookJoe Snook Senior Member port of the islands in NaplesPosts: 468 Deckhand
    I have friends that are total Yakheads. I brought them on some trails ive been going back into for years. They are gona be the guides. These are trails no one has ever gone on so they convinced me theres a market for things like that, will see

The Ramp Is Now OPEN!!

I'll be over there on Tuesday. Maybe I'll see you out there.
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Senior Member Posts: 4,773 Captain
    I started fishing out of POI when it was called Remuda Ranch... that was a while back (and we used to launch small skiffs just down from the spillway during the years when Remuda was closed down.....). There are times when starting from there is a pretty good deal. Can anyone tell me how it's set up now (I remember reading that the county is operating it now?). I'd be particularly interested in whether it's ever closed (and what hours) and where or who you pay... Thanks in advance...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
    You pay inside the marina open 7am to 5pm. The ramp never closes but when the marina Is closed im not sure how your supposed to pay.

It's $8 for a launch, so depending on how much your gonna run out if there, just get the annual pass. I think it's about 75 or so for the year and covers all collier county ramps with a sticker on the trailer. Your set no matter the time or day.
    Thanks... I mostly launch out of Glades Haven when I'm over that way (instead of Flamingo) but there are times (particularly with a howling easterly in the spring) when POI is very attractive. By the way, your fees are pretty cheap there. When I'm working out of Miami it's $12 per night and $15 on weekends with an auto pay station (and enforcement) whenever there's no attendant. Your setup sounds ideal... The boat ramps around Miami come equipped with dirtbags day or night and the usual idiots (I'm being kind here) trying to launch or retrieve their rigs. That's why most days will find me down in the 'glades somewhere...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
    Bob, I to usually run my small boat out of my ramp at fishermans cove and pick up my guest at glades haven. But POI has saved me more than once, and it so much nicer for me running the big boat out of. I found a few pictures and wanted to share of the old days there. Before my time, but you might remember these.
    9f2ca45c21e74b5a7a680a4bdd689aba.jpg
    c21f5d00e55e2ab1c2efa0963e37686c.jpg
    fea1f3ddf26f1b004508da546e669f57.jpg
    09f2486d59f6149163abd52fc2dc5493.jpg
    During the few years that Remuda Ranch was closed (after someone was caught using the airstrip there for Florida's favorite boogie back then.....). Every inch of those seawalls held fish - and there was no one there at all so you had the place to yourself. I had a small 16' aluminum skiff back then (early eighties?) and we were able to launch without a ramp just north of the bridge and ease our way down into what was a fishing paradise for a few years... That was long before I took up guiding and it was all fun -all the time...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
    Wanted to share that I launched at the new and improved POI ramp this week. They have added a length of concrete so now it goes out about another 10 feet or so, and also cut grooves for traction in the surface. These two things will really help a lot of folks that I used to see struggling to get out. The best improvement I will share though is there is a stop block of concrete towards the end of the ramp that you should feel pretty easily to avoid falling off the end. Of course there is still the long slow zone, but its a good trade as its a very fishy place folks. Stop in and see them for a change of location sometime.
  • Chaos210Chaos210 Member LaBelle, FLPosts: 77 Greenhorn
    How has the bait been at the POI Marina?
    Chaos if your refering to the problems they had with keeping the shrimp alive and well stocked the problem has been solved. They have new bait tanks and chillers that work fine so theyre able to keep them alive and well stocked now.

• whatzsnookingwhatzsnooking Junior Member Posts: 28 Deckhand
    i agree with joe, i was there this past weekend from friday till sunday and that place was great!! people are nice and facility is great also
    the marina was open at 6:30 and the shrimp were alive and kicking, boat overnight stay in the water was $17 bucks with power and washdown included.
  • Chaos210Chaos210 Member LaBelle, FLPosts: 77 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the update, went out Monday the ramp is very nice since the improvements and the store was well stocked with bait.