7/29 FPI 35lb KING, COBIA, PHIN, VERMILLION AND RED SNAPPER, MIXED BAG

Cleared the inlet to some beautiful seas. Dave the bait guy had sold out of live bait, said he sold 450 baits ($450) to one guy going across! So we pushed to 10a to get some livies. Really no luck but hornbellys, so off we went. Started trolling and got a little dolphin in 80 foot. Troll was slow, but we didn't give much effort either.

Around 10am, we anchored up at NE grounds and set up bottom fishing. Got a keeper vermillion and threw back 3 red snapper. Had some sharks mixed in. After constantly chumming and cutting up sardines, I see some BIG fish right behind the boat! Theres a 35+lb king, 40+ lb king, and a cobia all swimming right by the motor!!!! We keep them interested and the 35 lb king nails a half sardine. After a strong fight I sink the gaff into him. Was my buddies biggest king to date! Back to work, the cobia was being finicky. FInally got him to take, not a monster, but he was a keeper! My favorite fish to eat too I was so excited. Now we still have this other monster king swimming behind the boat. He started to wise up and was eating the chum but wouldn't hit my bait. Tried shortening the wire trace but he wanted nothing to do with it. No lie, this 40 lb king was swimming by our boat for at least 30 minutes! So cool....Had a blast with good friends and got some good eats. And ocean was a lake all day. Not a bad way to spend a MONDAY!

Final Tally:
1 35lb king
1 Keeper cobe
1 small phin
1 keeper vermillion
3 red snapper (released healthy)
3 sharks

king8_zps11775a90.jpg

king3_zpsca4eefa4.jpeg

king5_zpsdee5a98b.jpeg

king6_zps41c02e96.jpeg

king4_zpsfa2c0353.jpeg