Good Snapper Fishing-Jupiter 7/29

Headed out of the Jupiter inlet early this morning, some thunder boomers were just lingering offshore. Lucky for us, they moved east and let us have a wonderful day on the water!
IMG_8499_zps2a90bfbc.jpg

We set up shop on the 70 ft ledge just south of the Juno pier. Fished with cut sardines and squid.
The snapper bite was on early, and we had no problem putting them in the boat. Caught several varieties of snapper today, some nice Lane Snapper, Yellowtail Snapper, and a couple of Mangrove Snapper.
IMG_8500_zpsb9b256d5.jpg

As fast as the bite was "on", it turned off when Mr. Sun came out and the waters got very calm. Managed to put 6 Yellowtail, 2 Mangrove, 2 Lane, and also 2 Porgies in the cooler by 10AM.
IMG_8501_zpsffe641e9.jpg

Fished with my wife today, and we had a blast. Drank a few poptops and enjoyed the day on the water. Back to Blowing Rocks by Noon and home by 1:35 with two sacks of filets. Freezers lookin' good!
IMG_8505_zps36ba6d52.jpg

Replies

• RondoRondo Posts: 762 Officer
    Good job, I left blowing rocks at 9A and fished in 75ft off the Juno pier, wound up with 2 muttons 1 mangrove and 4 big files, released a bunch of porgie for good karma..........
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Good job Chris and RNR wifey!! Some good eats there. Hope to get on them soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • Dirty OarDirty Oar Posts: 148 Officer
    Never even considered keeping Porgies, how do they taste?
    cs.png
  • DrCokeDrCoke Posts: 102 Deckhand
    Dirty Oar wrote: »

The large ones (+18inch) are definitely worth it!
    Not as clean smelling/taste as Mutton but fillets make great deep fry.
  • livebayterlivebayter Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    nice report! always a good day when you come in with a bag of fillets
  • RockNReelerRockNReeler Posts: 1,067 Officer
    Dirty Oar wrote: »

Very white filets...take on whatever taste you make them with. Baked with crab meat, fried with batter, sautéed with mango chutney, all delicious. Porgy is my "flounder" down in Jupiter.
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    Agree, Porgy, when large, is a nice tasty fish...

Nice mix of Snapper there... But why is the one Mangrove in time-out? (facing backwards)... lol
    attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702
  • RockNReelerWifeyRockNReelerWifey Posts: 28 Greenhorn
    Porgy have become one of our go-to fish this year. White and yummy! Just had some last night with friends over, as a matter of fact.
  • dble-downdble-down Posts: 518 Officer
    Good catchin man, love that Canes shirt, go Canes>>
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,108 Captain
    Nice day on the water for sure. I'm with everyone else, Porgy are very tasty. I think my favorite right now is whole grilled stuffed with cilantro, oregano, lime wedges,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RockNReelerRockNReeler Posts: 1,067 Officer
    Shoeless wrote: »
    Nice day on the water for sure. I'm with everyone else, Porgy are very tasty. I think my favorite right now is whole grilled stuffed with cilantro, oregano, lime wedges,
    We do that with the yellowtail, also slice red peppers and onions, dribble with white wine and olive oil, wrap tight in aluminum foil, grill 6 minutes on each side. The cilantro and limes are wonderful