Home Southwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Looking for Gags found reds 13 miles out of red fish.

Crew of four Mary and I Craig and his wife Donna. At the marina at 7AM,tide was ripping out of the pass run out to the number was a slow go 17 to 20MPH. We were going to a spot that was a good gag producer when they were out of season. new residents were the red guys. It also has produced nice lanes in the past. It was fish on for the first two hours then tide hit bottom and they went to sleep. Stayed bumpy all the time. Had fresh grouper and white wine for dinner then red wine with dessert. Craig and donna spent the night then home to Naples in the AM.

We caught a bunch of 19 1/2 fish it was a fun trip.
We did see fish breaking the surface on the feed but we could not catch up with them. there were frigate birds flying high and circling. GOOD SIGN!!!
larrywitt

Replies

• nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
    We went out due west of the lighthouse to 70 feet. Lot of 5 foot waves out there. Must have been drifting at 6-8 knots . Took 7-0 oz lead to get the bait down. Just red grouper yesterday to.
  • FinsfanFinsfan Posts: 604 Officer
    We went out due west of the lighthouse to 70 feet. Lot of 5 foot waves out there. Must have been drifting at 6-8 knots . Took 7-0 oz lead to get the bait down. Just red grouper yesterday to.

Dang that was yesterday? This whole weekend looked good but that makes me feel a little better that I couldn't go out. Nice fish Larry.
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    Looks like some nice fish Larry!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tilemantileman Posts: 1,126 Officer
    how'd the chum king work? did you use it......nice pic's
    Here's ta swimn' with bowllegged women!
  • larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,755 Moderator
    I was planning to use it to turn on the bite on the bottom,i started with my home made frozen chum mix(last can may I add) bite was so steady never used it.
    larrywitt
  • Luna SeaLuna Sea Posts: 562 Officer
    Nice job Larry , next time lets get some pictures of the better Halves :grin
  • nitelite08nitelite08 Posts: 302 Officer
    You're the man Larry! I got my butt kicked this weekend. To top it all off I had my buddy and his wife out on Saturday cause they wanted some big reds. He is a retired NFL player and I am always sending him pictures of the fish I usually catch. He loves to fish and was pumped up about some redfish. All we got was some mangrove snapper and even those were not abundant. Saturday night I ate a little mangrove snapper and a lot of crow!! Best part of the trip was I think I lost 30 pounds from sweating due to it being so hot and humid this weekend. I'm taking a couple of days to recover and I'm going to head out and try it again later in the week. Glad someone had some success cause I sure didn't.
  • larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,755 Moderator
    I have been a member of the Crow Club many times.LOL
    larrywitt