Need DANIA Intel - PLS....

CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
I normally fish Boynton or Pompano.....never PE, really....

Tomorrow - I'm taking my small kids and another noob out on his boat ( 18 bayliner - non fishing model - no rod-holders even.....lol - leaving the port headed S to Haulover....

My Q - At what depths have tuna been hangin' and also what depths do the reefs typically lie down there?

I am going to be trolling X raps and Manns and doing the sardine-sicle headboat rigs ( kids are young and boat is small w no livewell...so livies are likely not going to workout between chasing the kids and handling all the gear alone....likely by myself.....) Also will have squid and chicken rigs ready as well.....remember lol - K.I.D.S.

Can ya point me in a good direction to troll around in ? ( im thinking like 190-225 ish to start)

AND are there any wrecks I should drop on between the port and haulover?

I know vermies have been all on fire by the SEA LEGS and Outta Control IV reports, but I dont know where to start down there.....

Thanks fellas !

Replies

• jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,333 Moderator
    Last weekend the tuna were in 275-300 ft, but thats normal for Dania area. Troll in 200 or less if you want kings.
    I also have a friend who just bought a boat and needs some instruction, where do you launch in PE? I know very little about boat ramps and such since I've only ever fished from the kayak or a party boat.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • krashkrash Posts: 648 Officer
    He can launch inside J.Lloyd on the left is a boat ramp.
    Also there is a ramp at near the end of 15th street in Lauderdale , west side of the ICW.

3 reef lines run parallel to shoreline,:
    1st 12 to 15'
    2nd 15 to 25'
    3rd 40'+

The fish tend to move hourly.
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    Thanks Guys - Appreciate it!