Anyone want to fish pompano this saturday

weather is looking decent. a lot of tuna out. let me know if you want to join me

Replies

• ThundercleeseThundercleese Posts: 38 Deckhand
    A lot of tuna out? If you know where they are Ill follow you! Have not gotten any since last year.
  • Android77Android77 Posts: 474 Deckhand
    Need a current report a drift might be a lot easier. Hopefully Rob fishes tomorrow and can let us know. Want to try out the Outback I picked up got depthfinder installed and I'm ready to give it a try. It's Randy and Kellans old boat with turbo fins and the sailing rudder.
  • drichard1986drichard1986 Posts: 498 Officer
    Current was insane today! 4+ knts. We could honestly watch the bldgs pass by. We drifted from pomp to past boca in less then 2 hours even paddling against the current most of the time. Tuna are very thick though
    A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!! Tight lines my friends
    Jimmy & I have have been putting in at Dania and landing at pompano. Been working out well, may be an option Saturday.
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    What time are you looking to put in. I may make a trip down.
  • NutterNutter Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    You guys open to having inexperienced folks tag along. I've only been out in the ocean a couple times and looking to get some more experience under my belt. Went out last weekend and got beat up a bit and caught nothing. From what I saw I went out a little too far south and didnt stick it out long enough for the seas to calm down.
  • kayakanglerkayakangler Posts: 207 Officer
    the conditions are looking good and I am hoping the current will slow down. I will be at taha marina at 5:30 am if anyone wants to join. feel free to call me

352-274-4512
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    Tight lines boys! I've got to make the trip up to Jax to see the in-laws this weekend. Good news, last time I went up I caught my first flounder. Hoping to do the same this weekend.

Catch 'em up!
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    Im paddling Sunday......
    Couldn't get up early today. Let us know how you did.
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,294 Moderator
    good luck to those that went out.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!