****!

reelwilsonreelwilson Posts: 1 Greenhorn
So what everyone think of this wire you can tie regular knots with..Any body out there using it?

Replies

• fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,336 Officer
    If you're talking about Surflow Micro Ultra, yes, I use it often, especially when flyfishing for toothy critters. And Yes! It works for its intended use and yes, you can tie simple knots that hold well. Don't try to tie a 6 turn Uniknot or any other complicated knot; you won't be able to tighten it down and it will not work any better than a simple double overhand knot cinched down tight.
  • SuperFlukeSuperFluke Posts: 1,889 Captain
    I have used the Tygar wire. It does have a tendency to curl on some knots. Personally, for inshore fishing, I don't see any advantage over heavier flouro.
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    SuperFluke wrote: »
    I have used the Tygar wire. It does have a tendency to curl on some knots. Personally, for inshore fishing, I don't see any advantage over heavier flouro.

I have used the Tygar wire as well and It has worked even as a "trace leader" 5-6 inches tied to heavy mono. You can do a regular 3-4 twist uni with it no problem. The improved clinch works well too. I was tired of losing $15+ lures such as x-raps or Manns stretch so I started using this and it has worked well.
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback