Skip to main content
Home Photography Corner

For my Friends who shoot a Canon - revisited!

WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Senior MemberPosts: 24,412 AG
Looks like quite a gun and priced right, too.

A very nice iteration of their higher level consumer camera.

20MP
Great video up to 60 fps for slow motion
built in WiFi
Flip out screen (for those who care)
7 fps burst rate.

Looks to be a little weak on focus points when compared to the Nikon and Pentax.

http://www.adorama.com/ALC/BlogArticle.aspx?googleid=0014238&alias=Canon-70D-First-Look&utm_source=RSYS&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Email070213Canon&j=Email070213Canon

(PS, in full disclosure I recently fondled a 5D Mark III, and I liked it. I felt so dirty.)

Replies

• mississippi macmississippi mac Senior Member Ocean Springs, Ms. (da coast)Posts: 4,222 Captain
    Craig....
    you don't feel dirty....
    you feel lust...lol....

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Senior Member Posts: 24,412 AG
    There might be something to that, Mac. The D800 is too much and the D600 sux.

Who knows what Nikon is doing? I sometimes don't think they do.

I did actually put the pencil to paper with in the year to guessimate the cost of a move.

It would be painful.....very painful.
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Senior Member Ocean Springs, Ms. (da coast)Posts: 4,222 Captain
    Craig...
    you're commited and nikon builds some really fine equipment (did i just say that?)...
    of course they have had their so-so equipment like everyone else...
    and from previous posts i've read of your's, i am able to discern that you have a lot of money in good glass, so why even think of it...

having said that, i want one, or at least a 7D...
    however, the racing sail boat needs a new #1 genoa and a new racing mainsail...
    and that they don't come cheap even with my "buddy discount" with my sail maker...

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Senior Member Posts: 24,412 AG
    Yes, Tim I am too committed to Nikon. However, I occasionally look at the Canon lens line up and say, "Why doesn't Nikon have that lens."

There are several examples, but one that comes to mind, quickly, is the consumer 400mm f/5.6. Not that I own the huge 400mm 2.8 but I have rented it. The smaller lens is of somewhat reasonable cost and would certainly be easier to tote.

I also agree about the price of sails. Hard for me to understand why the cost so much.