Home General Hunting

Quota results..

Replies

• JizzoJizzo Posts: 1,362 Officer
    huntmstr wrote: »
    And there you go... another person applying for permits they have no clue about and may end up not using. No offense chodges, but if you don't know anything about an area, what are you doing applying for permits there? Seems to me all you're doing is taking an opportunity away from someone who may have put that permit to good use.

You said "no offense" but this is an offensive post. Moderator right....weak.
    -Jon
  • BnTBnT Posts: 6,644 Admiral
    And there you go... another person applying for permits they have no clue about and may end up not using. No offense chodges, but if you don't know anything about an area, what are you doing applying for permits there? Seems to me all you're doing is taking an opportunity away from someone who may have put that permit to good use.

WOW...
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Sharky is always clocky, bnt is sometimes sharky,
    sharky is sometimes bnt, but bnt is never clocky
  • roachbusterroachbuster Posts: 553 Officer
    Talk about his mom.. gets him worked up lol...git marshal swamp for muzz and general gun woop woop
  • DJWDJW Posts: 538 Officer
    chodges wrote: »
    Got three lakes for archery and muzzleloader. Does anyone know about these? is it worth the trip.

I think the "is it worth the trip?" implies that you may take a spot from someone who really wanted to go but then maybe not show up. I think that is what got him wound up.
  • JRussellJRussell Posts: 1,411 Officer
    Maybe he does decide not to use it....and that is exactly why they can be returned. Who knows what he's planning to do and who cares?

It wouldn't be a very smart move to keep it and lose the points anyway.
    The Florida Hunters Network Facebook page
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,539 Admiral
    DJW wrote: »
    They are up. I got skunked. No quota for me this year. ****. 0-3 is hard to believe. I don't even pick the real hard to get locations. That is some bull.

i got skunked this year too!!

0-4

I even failed to get Upper Hillsborough archery..........how the hecc does that happen?
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • cypresscypress Posts: 400 Deckhand
    I didn't get any of my hunts....LC is gonna laugh when he here's that I put in for quota's lol.

From all your post since becoming the all mighty hunter/moderator this is what I have came up with......you are a terrible moderator and most likely not the best human either.
  • down4dacountdown4dacount Posts: 2,598 Captain
    Chuck someone pissed in your Cheerios this morning
    ShotKam Pro Staff
    Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me
    Check out my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Down4dacount1?feature=mhee
    [IMG][/img]
  • jamesfreddycjamesfreddyc Posts: 960 Officer
    Chuck someone pissed in your Cheerios this morning

It happens. heh :)

...I am sure we can all relate.
    B2B/Direct Sales Opportunity for SaaS/Cloud Software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?43261-B2B-Direct-Sales-Opportunity
  • Skunk ApeSkunk Ape Posts: 3,855 Captain
    Ol Mucky wrote: »
    i got skunked this year too!!

0-4

I even failed to get Upper Hillsborough archery..........how the hecc does that happen?
    1 for12 here with me and my sons,sucks.
  • Lunch Money SurfLunch Money Surf Posts: 1,033 Officer
    I got 2nd gun at Buck Lake... will be daydreaming until November now, especially after not deer hunting at all last season...

Anyone else get drawn for Buck Lake?
  • N. CookN. Cook Posts: 2,148 Captain
    Got lucky....second GG at Dupuis....
  • evilman00evilman00 Posts: 265 Officer
    First weekend Muzzeloader @Dupuis, I hopefully nail a buck on Saturday and them sunday all you can eat Pig,with no bag limit ,Good luck everyone.
  • pgarner222pgarner222 Posts: 121 Deckhand
    I think all he was saying is you should find out if "it's worth the trip" before you apply. While I agree it's an **** thing to say, I can definitely understand. If you want this guy to mind his own business, then don't post your business on a public forum. I think you can find a win win in this situation. Find a forum member that got the shaft and take them as a guest. Trade some local knowledge for an opportunity to take a deer. For god sakes it's hunting, there isn't supposed to be tight *** mofos here. That's what we go to work for!
  • duckboneduckbone Posts: 285 Officer
    CrashDuck wrote: »
    Got two tosos and a gun for Bronson. Hope some of those nice bucks are left in Bronson.

Plus some buddy hunts for toso should be a good fall.

2nd toso archery for me.
  • If_it_flies_it_diesIf_it_flies_it_dies Posts: 1,133 Officer
    Got Rima Ridge for gen gun, zippo on everything else, looking forward to heading out scouting, anyone here get any decent bucks out of there?
  • avmechavmech Jupiter, FLPosts: 1,366 Officer
    5-8 Oct Hungryland archery, nothing in gen gun
    Member #10822
  • bonebone Posts: 1,148 Officer
    Got Ross Prairie archery. Never hunted there because bow hunts just started there last year so I guess that makes me an a** for even applying and ruining some "experts" chance at getting the hunt.
  • Lc-hunter86Lc-hunter86 Posts: 2,927 Captain
    cypress wrote: »
    I didn't get any of my hunts....LC is gonna laugh when he here's that I put in for quota's lol.

From all your post since becoming the all mighty hunter/moderator this is what I have came up with......you are a terrible moderator and most likely not the best human either.

**** did u put in for???!! Lol
  • GRIZZLGRIZZL Posts: 822 Officer
    Got an Archery and a Gun in the Area I wanted (TOSO). I get to followup on a nice animal I passed on the last day of gun last year. Took a couple of small bucks last year for meat...no does presented themselves...had a NICE 6pt..maybe a 80" come by and I wanted to take him during bow..not gun...

Did OK with 2 slots!! Will hunt the rest of the seson in an open WMA
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,142 AG
    Got the gun but not the bow. I'm happy.

Chuck comes through again.....
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • deerfootdeerfoot Posts: 493 Deckhand
    got weekiwatchee 1st archery,charles Bronson gun1st and 1st muzzle Bronson.Also 2nd lower hillsboro family!
  • #1 DDH#1 DDH Posts: 111 Officer
    Got 2nd gun for sem. Blanked for bow and muzzle.
  • GlennGlenn GeorgiaPosts: 1,737 Captain
    bone wrote: »
    Got Ross Prairie archery. Never hunted there because bow hunts just started there last year so I guess that makes me an a** for even applying and ruining some "experts" chance at getting the hunt.

I hunted there last year and there are alot of deer there but I never saw any. Prepare yourself for lots of walking.....
  • bonebone Posts: 1,148 Officer
    Glenn wrote: »
    I hunted there last year and there are alot of deer there but I never saw any. Prepare yourself for lots of walking.....
    I used to hunt the boardering empty subdivision years ago and there was alot of deer then too.
    Sounds like my kind of place. Thanks for info.
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    chodges wrote: »
    What a selfish hunter.. so if it was up to this guy nobody could hunt a place for the first time.. I only asked for help because I don't have knowledge of the area. going into a property for a 2 day hunt I will take all the help I can get.

I guess when I said "no offense" you decided to get offended anyway. So much for asking you your thought process...

I'm far from selfish and anyone who has asked me for information on any area will tell you that. Plenty of folks on this forum have gotten help from me. Just ask around.

My point is that you entered a drawing to a place you have no information on other than some guys told you there are some good bucks there and it happens to be closer to where you're now living. It severely hinders your ability to be successful when you go in blind to a new area. In essence, you're not only using your hunting time to scout and learn, but you run the risk of messing others up when you hunt on a learning curve.

Now, if you want some info on where to start scouting, I'd be happy to PM that to you. But as far as it being a place that I would consider worthy of a quota permit, not so much. Any place that allows permitless hunting after the first 9 days or has permits for only a couple of the hunts it offers is not, at least in my mind, a quality permit. It's certainly not one I would waste preference points to draw, especially if I knew nothing about it. Just trying to understand why you would choose to put in for a place you know nothing about when you can hunt it without a permit most of the season?

Now, if you had put in for a place like Seminole Forest or Charles Bronson and had never been, I could understand. Those places are very good and ONLY have quotas. It's worth spending preference points to get one of those permit and then scout like crazy until the hunt rolls around.

So, sorry you got offended. It was an honest question. I guess I just asked it wrong.

Chuck
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.
  • Details1976Details1976 Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    My wife just sent me a text saying that she got the 1st draw at Rock Springs Run General Gun quota hunt. I just checked my application results and to my surprise I pulled the 2nd Archery at Seminole Forest and the 1st General Gun at Seminole Forest too!

On a side note, I briefly read a few of the posts on here regarding people pulling permits not knowing an area and not using them for one reason or another. This is my 5th year of applying for these limited entry hunts. The first 3 years I applied and didn't pull anything. Last year I was awarded a Hog Hunt at Buck Lake and yes, I was one of the ones whom at the last minute beyond anything I could control was unable to go on the hunt at the very last minute. For anyone who has any problems with people missing hunts or trying to go hunting in a new area they have never been before or has anything to say to me personally about missing my hunt bring it on! Believe me, I would have been a lot happier hunting at that Hog hunt than I was attending my only brother's funeral services and laying him to rest during the time when I could have been out in the woods hunting.

Sorry for the rant, sometimes people says things that hit a nerve when they are just being careless with the words they use... and to those people, here is your opportunity to insert foot in mouth, or up your a$$ for all I care!
  • thatredneckguyjamiethatredneckguyjamie Posts: 169 Deckhand
    I wont pick sides on this because I'm new here and don't want to ruffle feathers...not just yet anyway
    But I will say this, I learned a hard lesson with an ex girlfriend that just saying "no offense" before telling her that it wasn't her new jeans that made her butt looked six axe handles wide would not prevent the scorn of a pissed off woman
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    I admit it. It was the wrong way to ask the question. It's been a rough week and my sense of diplomacy kind of went the way of the Dodo by Monday afternoon. Once again, my apologies to chodges.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.
  • Centropomus spp.Centropomus spp. Posts: 343 Deckhand
    I wont pick sides on this because I'm new here and don't want to ruffle feathers...not just yet anyway
    But I will say this, I learned a hard lesson with an ex girlfriend that just saying "no offense" before telling her that it wasn't her new jeans that made her butt looked six axe handles wide would not prevent the scorn of a pissed off woman

LMAO!!!!!:Spittingcoffee:Spittingcoffee:Spittingcoffee