Home General Hunting

Quota results..

Replies

• DJWDJW Posts: 538 Officer
    They are up. I got skunked. No quota for me this year. ****. 0-3 is hard to believe. I don't even pick the real hard to get locations. That is some bull.
  • RobertRRobertR Posts: 301 Deckhand
    First time applying in years...no archery permits, Got Citrus ML and GG.
  • JboatJboat Posts: 1,337 Officer
    RobertR wrote: »
    First time applying in years...no archery permits, Got Citrus ML and GG.

Yuck!

Jason
  • Swamp WalkerSwamp Walker Posts: 80 Deckhand
    Got dupuis archery for me and the wife
    Neither of us got GG
  • thatredneckguyjamiethatredneckguyjamie Posts: 169 Deckhand
    got my first choice for GG, 2nd for Family hunt, nothing for archery, and nothing for Muzzleloader even though I had a pref point...weird
  • Gone_FishingGone_Fishing Posts: 1,184 Officer
    I didn't get anything.

At least my son drew the Andrews youth hunt.
  • chodgeschodges Posts: 51 Deckhand
    Got three lakes for archery and muzzleloader. Does anyone know about these? is it worth the trip.
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    chodges wrote: »
    Got three lakes for archery and muzzleloader. Does anyone know about these? is it worth the trip.

And there you go... another person applying for permits they have no clue about and may end up not using. No offense chodges, but if you don't know anything about an area, what are you doing applying for permits there? Seems to me all you're doing is taking an opportunity away from someone who may have put that permit to good use.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.
    huntmstr wrote: »
    And there you go... another person applying for permits they have no clue about and may end up not using. No offense chodges, but if you don't know anything about an area, what are you doing applying for permits there? Seems to me all you're doing is taking an opportunity away from someone who may have put that permit to good use.

I recently moved to this area from over 10 hours away and love to hunt. I heard 2 guys at my work talking about three lakes and said they have seen some big deer there. I have to learn sometime so mind your [email protected]#King business!
  • BatemasterBatemaster Posts: 1,701 Captain
    Three Lakes is nice. Start scouting and you should be alright!
  • BatemasterBatemaster Posts: 1,701 Captain
    When would people be able to return what they can't use? I noticed you can't return yet.
    huntmstr wrote: »

What a selfish hunter.. so if it was up to this guy nobody could hunt a place for the first time.. I only asked for help because I don't have knowledge of the area. going into a property for a 2 day hunt I will take all the help I can get.
  • Centropomus spp.Centropomus spp. Posts: 343 Deckhand
    I recently moved to this area from over 10 hours away and love to hunt. I heard 2 guys at my work talking about three lakes and said they have seen some big deer there. I have to learn sometime so mind your [email protected]#King business!

Well said, chodges! Good luck!
  • BowtechGen3BowtechGen3 Altoona, FlPosts: 778 Officer
    Lk George Rifle for me and Pref for everything else
    Director - Central Florida Dog Hunters & Sportsmans Association
    https://www.facebook.com/CFDHSA

1461718pb77ew55q8.gif
  • jamesfreddycjamesfreddyc Posts: 960 Officer

Been hunting here for a few years now -- it's right at 2hr drive from Boynton/Lake Worth, but best to have a camp setup already.

We tend to stick to the Cypress edges and game trails that run around/near/thru them. It's a pretty diverse area that jumps from prairie to wetland swamp and back as you move through the area -- west of the turnpike is much more open space than east side, also roads will be wet out west with some holes that will go above floorboards.

My advice is to hit Google earth, find some natural funnels in and around the cypress, then get out there and groundtruth what you found on the aerials. Feel free to ask about the vegetation types you are seeing on the aerials as I am pretty good about picking out the various types you might see

Edit: you will find young deer rub lines on the perimeter of the Cypress heads, but I typically setup inside of much larger cypress stands --- you will find game trails.

I will be out there either 7/27 or 7/28 to go pull camera cards and check some new potential stand locations -- we run up to O'Town for a weekend and I shoot down to ThreeLakes for a day of scouting, then head back to the hotel for family time.

And yep, I got my Archery/Gen Gun Quota for this WMA too.
    B2B/Direct Sales Opportunity for SaaS/Cloud Software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?43261-B2B-Direct-Sales-Opportunity
  • flbukhuntrflbukhuntr Posts: 57 Deckhand
    Got gores landing gg 1st phase
  • flbukhuntrflbukhuntr Posts: 57 Deckhand
    Think there is more bears than anything. Time will tell.
  • Lc-hunter86Lc-hunter86 Posts: 2,927 Captain
    Got my archery quota, hunting muzz with my dad, hunting another archery with a buddy of mine and maybe a general gun hunt if my dad decides to keep it...
  • Killingtime1Killingtime1 Posts: 81 Greenhorn
    Bronson for Muzzy & GG...Along with those hunts NNN ranch and Iowa. I will be pretty busy this year!
  • duckboneduckbone Posts: 285 Officer

Snap!
  • mrbillmrbill Posts: 1,194 Officer
    What hunts lol lol
  • CrashDuckCrashDuck Posts: 508 Officer
    duckbone wrote: »
    Snap!

Haha

Open access right??

Seems kind of elitest to say someone can't hunt a place they have never been.
  • CrashDuckCrashDuck Posts: 508 Officer
    Got two tosos and a gun for Bronson. Hope some of those nice bucks are left in Bronson.

Plus some buddy hunts for toso should be a good fall.
  • JizzoJizzo Posts: 1,362 Officer
    First time applying for quota permits....5 archery and 5 general gun all "unsuccesful". bummer.

My buddy got one for Guana so I can be his guest and we can kill some hogs.

Out of 20 applications we were only awarded 1 permit....weak.

Theres always phase two....
    -Jon
  • snowmansnowman Posts: 446 Officer

Lmao!!!!! I got my 1st pick gg
  • cuda141cuda141 Posts: 619 Officer
    My buddy got one of each Toso hunts ;) And I got a Gun....All about them preference points!! Wife got gun and muzzy...gonna have to pryt her *** outta bed...not easy...or just do the evening hunts with her :huh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Capt. Cuda's Parts & Charters
    http://www.cudascustoms.com/index.htm
  • rutaddictrutaddict Posts: 116 Officer
    Chodges don't mind that guy he tries to be the forum bully (forum moderator) around here and holds himself higher than everyone else, put the leg work in and you will have your opportunities at 3 lakes Goodluck!!
  • JRussellJRussell Posts: 1,411 Officer

And there ya go Huntmstr...apparently it's true what they say about "assuming"!
    The Florida Hunters Network Facebook page
  • thatredneckguyjamiethatredneckguyjamie Posts: 169 Deckhand
    Got twin rivers...gonna try and break the curse that place has for me and my buddy...we've hunted there 4 years in a row and have been skunked each year, misses, lost deer with a huge blood trail, broken equipment and even a hunt cut short due to a flooded house back home
  • Devil DocDevil Doc Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Got Guana River for Archery and Four Creeks for GG. Thankful I got anything since I didn't get to apply last year due to being deployed and had zero preference points. Like Chodges.... any advice on either of these two WMA's would be greatly appreciated, since I have never been to either. BTW, I plan on scouting as much as possible...just trying to get an idea of where to start.