Spider ID?

Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,669 Admin
The heck is this thing?!?! **** near got me!

FC7C92AF-36B7-469C-AC27-D0121E0688D7-4924-0000081533369AE8.jpg

6BC94BE7-63E2-4201-9561-2E31F8FCC7FD-4924-000008153B6FB87A.jpg
"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

Replies

• RockhaulersRockhaulers Posts: 250 Officer
    A motoguzi spider with an egg sac.
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,301 Admiral
    She has an egg sack and on a Kubota
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    It is a South American chicken-eating tarantuala.
    FS Forum member since January 4, 2003
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,669 Admin
    I noticed the egg sack although I've never seen one quite like it, perfectly round and low profile.

Anyway, camel spider? Recluse?
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • BnTBnT Posts: 6,644 Admiral
    tarantula... kill
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Sharky is always clocky, bnt is sometimes sharky,
    sharky is sometimes bnt, but bnt is never clocky
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,761 AG
    Inky dinky spider
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
    BTW that is a Huntsman.... But that one is female and she will not hunt until that eggsac bursts... She will likely dine of a few of the emerging spiderlings.
  • BnTBnT Posts: 6,644 Admiral
    BTW that is a Huntsman.... But that one is female and she will not hunt until that eggsac bursts... She will likely dine of a few of the emerging spiderlings.

might be a stupid question... but how many types of spiders have only 6 legs? there was one in my sink yesterday.
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Sharky is always clocky, bnt is sometimes sharky,
    sharky is sometimes bnt, but bnt is never clocky
    Stomp it TTT. Stomp it good.
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,244 Captain
    Hoping for better luck next time...... and got it.

WINNING!
    BnT wrote: »
    might be a stupid question... but how many types of spiders have only 6 legs? there was one in my sink yesterday.

None.... Might have been an insect that looked like a spider. Or it might have been a spider with two legs broken off. It happens. Or it might be one of those species with a pair or real short legs in the front.
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,669 Admin
    Calusa wrote: »
    Stomp it TTT. Stomp it good.

I think she's under the hood now. I'll probably find her when she bites me next time I go to look under it
    I killed one like that with a blast from my 12 gauge. Seriously. I hate those things.
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
    I think she's under the hood now. I'll probably find her when she bites me next time I go to look under it

She won't bite you.... I have handled a bunch of them. Never had one try to bite.... Their bite is not serious anyway... Maybe like a bee sting.