Cops in Palatka know how to PARTY!

GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/joshua-maynard-raymond-strickland-putnam-county-cops-lose-jobs-after-bar-brawl-at-hi-level-liquors
PALATKA, Fla. - WAWS reports that Putnam County Detectives Joshua Maynard, who is a former Deputy of the Year, and Raymond Strickland have been fired after a night out at a bar called "Hi-Level Liquors."
Larry Adkins, the owner of the bar, explained, "The one deputy got real belligerent with my security personnel."
"We're a good ol boy bar here, you know. You show your oats a little bit but you don't get aggressive."
It happened June 8th, according to a 60-page internal report.
It states Maynard engaged in a fist fight during which he lost his handgun.
It was later turned in to the owner of the establishment. Security guards swooped in on the scuffle.
The same night, several customers complained that Strickland was having sex in the bathroom with his girlfriend.
Witnesses claimed Strickland flashed his badge and asked, "Do you know what this is?"
Neither deputy responded to WAWS' attempts to contact them.
Maynard's uncle says his nephew has moved out of the county to return to school. "He said he made a mistake and he's willing to be a man about it and take whatever punishment comes his way," Maynard's uncle said.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/joshua-maynard-raymond-strickland-putnam-county-cops-lose-jobs-after-bar-brawl-at-hi-level-liquors#ixzz2XjFD3E4Y
mousey.gif
61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
gnat.gifWzz6I.gif

Replies

• got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    LOL, he's willing to admit to his mistake?

Fighting and losing his gun?

Having sex w/girlfriend in bathroom and when caught, flashes his badge?
    tffflogocopy_zps48a02f99.jpg
  • fishknutfishknut Posts: 3,928 Captain
    Never understood the attraction to sex in a public bathroom......disgusting.
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,734 Captain
    "Strickland" is not a good name in these parts.

Not surprised...
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,414 AG
    Why is this on WPTV?

It is rarely the act, but the cover up that gets a person in trouble. Was there a cover up first?
    Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Wptv is clearly trying to get hits. Since channel 10 banned me they are all I have. Amazing the change of the people there from Obama lovers to real people.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    nick wrote: »
    "Strickland" is not a good name in these parts.

Not surprised...
    That is what i thought..Violent horny cops..
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • gruntkinggruntking Posts: 806 Officer
    GT Fish wrote: »
    http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/joshua-maynard-raymond-strickland-putnam-county-cops-lose-jobs-after-bar-brawl-at-hi-level-liquors
    PALATKA, Fla. - WAWS reports that Putnam County Detectives Joshua Maynard, who is a former Deputy of the Year, and Raymond Strickland have been fired after a night out at a bar called "Hi-Level Liquors."
    Larry Adkins, the owner of the bar, explained, "The one deputy got real belligerent with my security personnel."
    "We're a good ol boy bar here, you know. You show your oats a little bit but you don't get aggressive."
    It happened June 8th, according to a 60-page internal report.
    It states Maynard engaged in a fist fight during which he lost his handgun.
    It was later turned in to the owner of the establishment. Security guards swooped in on the scuffle.
    The same night, several customers complained that Strickland was having sex in the bathroom with his girlfriend.
    Witnesses claimed Strickland flashed his badge and asked, "Do you know what this is?"
    Neither deputy responded to WAWS' attempts to contact them.
    Maynard's uncle says his nephew has moved out of the county to return to school. "He said he made a mistake and he's willing to be a man about it and take whatever punishment comes his way," Maynard's uncle said.
    Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/joshua-maynard-raymond-strickland-putnam-county-cops-lose-jobs-after-bar-brawl-at-hi-level-liquors#ixzz2XjFD3E4Y

Gay bar, huh?
    Not that there is anything wrong with that.
  • robctry69robctry69 Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Biker bar been there once
  • Old FloridaOld Florida Posts: 176 Officer
    According to witnesses, the fight started because one of the officers grabbed the butt of a female who's boyfriend was present.
    Sexual assault charges? Nah, this guy has a badge. And he is carrying a loaded firearm in a bar while drunk. Yay! Cops can do whatever they want.
    This officer shot an unarmed mentally ill man to death last year. The shooting was ruled justified. Surprise!
    Serving and Protecting the citizens of the community.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,439 AG
    What happens in Palatky, stays in Palatky. I hunt quite a bit in Putnam County. I do not frequent their bars. If you are not a local, best you stay out of those places.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]