Home General Paddle Craft

Jupiter 4th of July

Me and some of us are planning to launch our yaks at Burt Reynolds Park on the 4th of July. I haven't fished that area ever. It looks good on Google Earth but if any one here has any input or suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Holla back. Thanks.
2015 Hobie Outback fishing machine.

Replies

• wushusmackdownwushusmackdown Posts: 166 Officer
    All I know about the area is that lemon sharks congregate there during their breeding season. not sure if they pup there as well.
  • PBG-JohnPBG-John Posts: 419 Deckhand
    Me and some of us are planning to launch our yaks at Burt Reynolds Park on the 4th of July. I haven't fished that area ever. It looks good on Google Earth but if any one here has any input or suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Holla back. Thanks.

Dave, try Sawfish Bay Park. It's north of Burt Reynolds Park and alot safer. July 4th = :Glass
    The latest survey shows that
    three out of four people make
    up 75% of the population
  • inshore daveinshore dave Posts: 564 Officer
    John;

Thanks for the heads up. I'll prob change my meetup to that park. I looked at it in Google Earth and it looks more kayak-friendly.
  • PBG-JohnPBG-John Posts: 419 Deckhand
    They have a dedicated kayak launch which puts right at the A1A bridge there.
    The latest survey shows that
    three out of four people make
    up 75% of the population
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    PBG-John wrote: »
    They have a dedicated kayak launch which puts right at the A1A bridge there.

FYI- the current rips around the A1A/FEC brige pylons. Launch isn't too bad, was able to do the Hobie PA-12 with little problem.
  • inshore daveinshore dave Posts: 564 Officer
    Thanks. I've changed the meet up to Sawfish Bay Park. Launch time is between 7am and 7:30am. You all are invited to join us.