New old boat. 26' Shamrock

rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral
I bought a 1989 26' shamrock yesterday. Time to figure out what does and doesn't work and figure out what direction I'm headed with power.

7D0CD076-4184-4A2F-8FD4-630556D90A28-1061-0000012FA31EC13D.jpg
From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!

Replies

• tagtag Posts: 8,855 Admiral
    What happened to your other Shamrock?
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral
    tag wrote: »
    What happened to your other Shamrock?

I still have it. I love it, but it's a 20'er. I have 4 kids and friends and it just doesn't have enough room.
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • FWCSnookFWCSnook Posts: 886 Officer
    Sweet rig! Always liked shamrocks. I bet that 26 has almost the same fuel burn numbers as the 20. My dream boat was the 20 with the pilothouse. 4cyl diesel, and I'd be a happy camper.
  • Sick DaySick Day Posts: 260 Deckhand
    I almost bought a 1989 26' Shamrock years ago. Cool boat. I remember there was a termendous amount of room in the bow and an awesome built in tackle center on the front of the console. The only thing I didn't like was that the helm seating was so far back it left very little room between that and the transom. If drifting, that is no big deal. It just seemed like it would be an issue to me if trolled a lot. Congrats on the new ride!
  • GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,838 Admin
    rrbgtt wrote: »
    I bought a 1989 26' shamrock yesterday. Time to figure out what does and doesn't work and figure out what direction I'm headed with power.

You are the king of toys. Great looking boat.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
    FWCSnook wrote: »
    Sweet rig! Always liked shamrocks. I bet that 26 has almost the same fuel burn numbers as the 20. My dream boat was the 20 with the pilothouse. 4cyl diesel, and I'd be a happy camper.

That would be nice, but not going to happen. I have a 4 cylinder yanmar in my 20'. It's slow, but it averages better than 5 mpg on a 100ish mile fishing trip.
  • acarbacarb Posts: 2,357 Captain
    rrbgtt wrote: »

Where the heck do you find this stuff man!
    acarb wrote: »
    Where the heck do you find this stuff man!

I am always looking for a deal, but this one was from left field. The guy called me!

He took the boat in trade for some money that was owed him, and let it sit at his shop in Delray Beach. He walked out one day and realized he had let the bilge fill with water and the engine was locked up. He was contemplating fixing it and went on fishtheclassics (a shamrock forum) to get some advice on what to do. He saw a thread where I expressed interest in finding one and emailed me.

After a few weeks of back and forth, we reached an agreement and I picked it up.
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 20,959 AG
    Upper station on the new used one?
    Gestapo 

gandrfab wrote: »
    Upper station on the new used one?

Yeah, it has a tower that sits on the gunnels. From the looks of the T-top, it wouldn't hold me and a fold up tower like my 20. It is attached to the center console only.

I will be coming to see you. I want something done differently with the standing platform on this one and the rail is already too tall to trailer without folding down, I might as well add a top to if for some shade.

AE0EAF8E-262A-4489-9D02-BBB7EBF8FC74-1061-0000014C106035EF.jpg
  • Fly HookerFly Hooker Posts: 4,199 Captain
    Rusty, Nice looks real good!!!!
  • FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,353 Moderator
    You should do a build thread for this one, she is a hell of a find.
    would love to see this one progress.

CMD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • blewitupsirblewitupsir Posts: 774 Officer
    I agree with CMD, I would love to see a build on this, as one day down the road I want the same boat in my fleet. I thought long and hard about finding a 26 shamrock to rebuild before I decided the Proline would be a better business investment at this point. Beautiful old boat, love to see more pictures.
    http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.