Skip to main content
Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Zimmerman Trial...

dewyafishdewyafish Senior MemberPosts: 5,025 Admiral
Living proof that a witness can be a trial lawyers worse nightmare.:banghead
There's nothing more enjoyable than suprise morning sex...
Unless you happen to be in jail at the time.

Replies

• fsuwxmanfsuwxman Senior Member Posts: 1,290 Officer
    She pretty much sunk the prosecutions case from the flip flopping and lies/omissions she's made since the event happened.

That's my take on it from what I've read of her testimony.
    2015 FS Northwest Forum NASCAR Champion
  • micci_manmicci_man Senior Member Somewhere in FLPosts: 15,001 AG
    Zimmerman who?
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • MulletMullet Moderator Posts: 2,433 Moderator
    fsuwxman wrote: »
    She pretty much sunk the prosecutions case from the flip flopping and lies/omissions she's made since the event happened.

That's my take on it from what I've read of her testimony.

Sunk I'm not sure but any intelligent juror will pretty much disreguard anything she says.
  • CynicalCynical Senior Member Posts: 274 Deckhand
    micci_man wrote: »
    Zimmerman who?

Great, you're on the jury.
  • skyway andeskyway ande Senior Member St. petePosts: 3,807 Captain
    This is why...
    You shouldn't keep an old TV from the 1970'sin your office.
    God, save the South!
  • SloughSlough Senior Member S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,815 Admiral
    Mullet wrote: »
    Sunk I'm not sure but any intelligent juror will pretty much disreguard anything she says.

Reckon they have any?
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • cc13cc13 Senior Member Posts: 551 Officer
    If they get a conviction, i'll be surprised. Two guys fighting in dark, no eyewitnesses, gun goes off, shooter emerges with cut head and broken nose. How do you turn that into murder? When he says I was defending myself, how do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he wasn't? Sort of like Jodi Arias. No question that she did it, she admits it. The whole trial os over the death penalty. I didn't think it was ever a death penalty case. He died, it's tragic, she's guilty, but lovers quarrels rarely equal death. Prosecutors get started down a path and then can't stop. Casey Anthony, OJ. etc.
  • CynicalCynical Senior Member Posts: 274 Deckhand
    cc13 wrote: »
    If they get a conviction, i'll be surprised. Two guys fighting in dark, no eyewitnesses, gun goes off, shooter emerges with cut head and broken nose. How do you turn that into murder? When he says I was defending myself, how do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he wasn't? Sort of like Jodi Arias. No question that she did it, she admits it. The whole trial os over the death penalty. I didn't think it was ever a death penalty case. He died, it's tragic, she's guilty, but lovers quarrels rarely equal death. Prosecutors get started down a path and then can't stop. Casey Anthony, OJ. etc.

Well you might want to think a little more about the last few sentences. Death penalty is not a possibility. Zimmerman is charged with 2nd degree murder. Life in prison is the max.
  • cc13cc13 Senior Member Posts: 551 Officer
    I meant it was "sort of" like Jodi, OJ, Casey in the sense that prosecutors sometimes get a ball rolling that they either can't or won't stop. Sometimes that is because of the death penalty and the defendant has no choice but to fight til the end. As I recall, the local Sanford police and prosecutor were not even going to charge. Now the special prosecutor gets it, amid fanfare; has what I believe to be a weak case; and has no choice but spending time and energy on it. Whatever they offered Z, he obviously feels he can beat it. We'll see.
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Senior Member Posts: 5,574 Admiral
    I my opinion the only reason it even went to trial is they made a "race" thing about it. I was showing a rental property to some African America ladies up in Chicago and they asked me what I thought of the case. I said I didn't know but from what I heard my opinion would be determined by finding out why he was there and what he was doing. This answer kind of upset them. They said "Yeah a black man is always wrong when something happens with a white person". I asked them if they knew that Zimmerman was not white. They said yes but "that didn't make any difference." Wow, people getting worked up about it all the way up there, blaming the "white man" when a Hispanic pulled the trigger and acting completely unrealistic about the issues. Pressure is on that defense team for sure. Weren't they talking about some sort of civil rights charges also?
  • micci_manmicci_man Senior Member Somewhere in FLPosts: 15,001 AG
    I my opinion the only reason it even went to trial is they made a "race" thing about it.

I agree.

Big $$ lawyers has alot to do with it too. Plenty of killings go without the coverage or time that this one is getting. Guity or not.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • hooknredshooknreds Senior Member Redfish PointPosts: 2,461 Captain
    micci_man wrote: »
    I agree.

Big $$ lawyers has alot to do with it too. Plenty of killings go without the coverage or time that this one is getting. Guity or not.

Parks and Crump baby...some of Tallahassee's finest.
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Senior Member Posts: 5,574 Admiral
    One thing I asked these nice ladies (and they were nice) at the end of our discussion was "Why are you so concerned over this when there are children being killed everyday on our streets right here. Who is doing all this killing around here?" They were kind of taken aback and tongue tied but they did admit it was "their own" killing their children.
  • 77carman77carman Member Posts: 39 Deckhand
    And lets not forget that those federal (and State) legal bozos want high-profile cases to further their careers, politically speaking.