Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Over Easy PLeaSE

So yesterday did it in for me.. all these days with hardly any issues but yesterdays morning to 2pm sun just beat the snot out of me.. Felt like I was having a heat stroke.. Getting dizzy...sweats..muscle cramps.. Must have drank 15 bottles of water......and on top of that..putting a sabiki into my thumb along with fighting those pesty black tips while waiting for a silverking

Anyway.. Went into the garage and found a Bimini that I had used on a boat 5 years back.... Got with Bill at Sigma and he ordered a 48" track.. 25 min later... SHADE

Yeah.. Kinda looks dorky on a Bay Boat but I don't want the weight and expense of a t-top so.. 6 screws and a dab of 5200....Coverage....

Will take it off for the winter and spring but for this summer time heat...Dorky Bimini will keep me sunny side up an not poached...

That heat is brutal so even with long sleeves neck sock..big hat..and gobbs of 50 sunscreen.. I still was woozy.. Better safe than sorry hua...

bimmi_zpse77b63e0.jpg

Replies

• Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,458 AG
    You should have done that ages ago.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • ~~Mutt~~~~Mutt~~ Posts: 478 Deckhand
    I should go down to my canvas guy in St.Pete and have him change the color to match the Yami... and add 2 straps in the front center for the console rail
  • SJCSJC Posts: 2,571 Captain
    Sure is nice to have shade.
    The Beatings will continue until moral improves!
  • SumotimeSumotime Posts: 178 Officer
    I pulled out my tower mini top a few weeks ago. It had a layer of dust on it from hanging in the fishing room. It definitely helps .
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,419 Admiral
    I swear that buff around my neck makes me hotter...idk

There are some pretty good products on the market for shade these days.

XkRoHaH.jpg
    That extension is pretty slick there JD.. My buff is to tight on me.. I hate it..
    So..yeah..a little photochop and the choice to recanvas with a color that matches at least the engine will help the looks of this Bay Boat.. Put a call in for Chuck @ Suncoast to come over an eyeball it

IMG_6139_zps901c56bc.jpg
  • PtsrhenryPtsrhenry Posts: 256 Deckhand
    T-Top Extender on my boat can save the day.
    RANGER BAY 2300
  • Slo Poke1Slo Poke1 Posts: 328 Deckhand
    You should see my Slo Poke; I put a Bimini on it 14 years ago, along with bass boat seats and a front pedestal leaning seat.
    Now thats bad @ss for sure ..Need a big rudder encase you get that big gust of wind.. ...
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,483 Officer
    I've been known to jump in the water if I'm too hot.
  • AlwaysAbuAlwaysAbu Posts: 476 Deckhand
    Don't match the color, then people will think you really like the bimini on the bay boat...keep it dorky and unmatched and people will think, "yeah its so hot I understand that"...:grin

I HATE my T-top..but a few days in June it was so hot we became "frien-emies". :grin
  • 2fargone2fargone Posts: 32 Deckhand
    Thanks- that was the best thing to come out of my first marriage. The need for lots of beer to come up with stupid ways to create shade with things you already have.
  • GitchaPullGitchaPull Posts: 345 Officer
    2fargone wrote: »
    Thanks- that was the best thing to come out of my first marriage. The need for lots of beer to come up with stupid ways to create shade with things you already have.

Greatest post ever
  • 2fargone2fargone Posts: 32 Deckhand
    GitchaPull wrote: »
    Greatest post ever

Sounds like you know what I'm talking about-
    AlwaysAbu wrote: »
    Don't match the color, then people will think you really like the bimini on the bay boat..

To late Mike.. Picking it up 2 morrow.. Bad part is...Your so tall..you just might have to duck under it..
    So after seeing 2Fars setup...I got to thinking...We have one of those small ones from Sams Club... So I got it out and put it on the boat...Not 4 min went past and the squawk come down the driveway and she said... "Don't even think about it... Besides..It is the same color the Bimini was.."

So..took my pic and that was that.... BUT... Sucker fits pretty good... Maybe something to think about for those overnighters

IMG_6156_zps61fd7194.jpg
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    ~~Mutt~~ wrote: »
    So after seeing 2Fars setup...I got to thinking...We have one of those small ones from Sams Club... So I got it out and put it on the boat...Not 4 min went past and the squawk come down the driveway and she said... "Don't even think about it... Besides..It is the same color the Bimini was.."

IMG_6156_zps61fd7194.jpg

Since when do the wives get a vote on how we accessorize our boats??? It's not like we get a vote on the random junk they buy at Target and scatter throughout the house!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RMD wrote: »
    Since when do the wives get a vote on how we accessorize our boats??? It's not like we get a vote on the random junk they buy at Target and scatter throughout the house!

I hear ya.. I swear we must have 10 bottles of 50 sunscreen in the cabinet... But...When it came time to purchase this boat..she didn't squawk much...I even had some cushions made for the back so her or her friends could lay out... so I just go along with the flow when it comes to ideas for boating.. She even walks through fishing stores with me.. I figure that's just to keep an eye on how many new lures I think I am going to try out
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,981 Admiral
    so lets see the pictures of friends laying out....
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
    surfman wrote: »
    so lets see the pictures of friends laying out....

Ask an you shall receive.. This is our "Greek" Nanny.. couple weeks back.. even though the kids are pretty much in no need of one now..

IMG_5864_zps286501c0.jpg

IMG_5853_zps16932652.jpg

Have a few others but they wouldn't want their pics on the web..But Kat above... She loves it..
    ~~Mutt~~ wrote: »
    Ask an you shall receive.. This is our "Greek" Nanny.. couple weeks back.. even though the kids are pretty much in no need of one now..

IMG_5864_zps286501c0.jpg

IMG_5853_zps16932652.jpg

Have a few others but they wouldn't want their pics on the web..But Kat above... She loves it..

I'm sure they'll be many guys seeing if you have open spots now. BTW, I'm off till Monday if you need someone. :grin

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
    I have no.."Open Spots" LOL..

I fish for fun..an have room for others as well.. Waiting now for some new underwater lights from West Marine.. Had 6 ..blue an green.. and then I had a brain fart.. Put my battery back in the boat..in the pouring rain 2 days back..Yep...Went in backwards and hooked up that way as well.. Turned on the lights at the panel...an pop..poppopopopop... pop.. Oh well.. Learned a lesson.. That being..don't rush next time..

Hoping the weather clears before Monday.. Wanting to do the overnighter which is close to TableTop
    It looks like it's going to blow to Wednesday.

That sucks about your lights...did I read that correctly that you wired the battery backwards? :willynilly

You ain't going to be the first or last to do that. :grin

I've been trying to get out since the 1st and it's been crappy. :banghead

Abraham Lincoln
    Yeah.. Took the battery out to do some cleaning... Left the other one in though.. But with the rain...yeah..blame it on the rain...I lifted it up an just stuck in in..not paying attention...an that rarely happens..Inline Series... so those lights saw 24V.. Glad it was just lights..Could have been worse..

Like to also have been going out cause we been beating up the Tarpon on the beach.. but the weather just doesn't make it much fun...Jet stream looks to be around La and headed this far south.... But now..I got a bimini .. lol.. Little rain won't stop me....
    What beach are ya fishing?

Abraham Lincoln
    Anywhere from Redington to IRB
    Back in my youth I would spend almost every day on one of those piers..mostly Redington... Tarpon fishing.. And it seemed like every day the Tarpon would be just a little past the pier and boy what I would do if I had a boat..... You see..We would have a tall surf rod with a weighted snag hook..toss it as far out there as we could...then slide a pinfish on a different rod with a closepin on the snatch line... So for the last 37 years...I have had a boat of some sort..and always fish the same spots every year..and always catch something...
    I figure by next week or so... the tarpon will be up here around Honeymoon and off Fred Howard Park.. Little closer to home.. However..I saw some rolling middle June off Honeymoon..
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    I stand corrected. If the wife lets you bring other hot chicks in thongs on your boat...let her do what she wants with boat decor! You are a lucky man, I am not allowed to look at other chicks let alone bring them on the boat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]