Definition of circle hooks in the Gulf of Mexico

nfairbanknfairbank Posts: 266 Deckhand
Hi...

I have always used in-line circle hooks in the Gulf of Mexico. However, when I read the current regulations, for both State and Federal, it does not state in-line rather just "non-stainless steel circle hooks". South Atlantic regulations clearly states either in-line or offset.

So, is it legal to use non-stainless offset circle hooks.

Thanks for the clarification.

Replies

• NOAA-EnforcementNOAA-Enforcement Posts: 202 Moderator
    My purpose on this site is to help everyone understand Federal Fishery Regulations and to provide information. Working with the Florida Sportsman is a collateral (volunteer) duty I asked for and enjoy; I will only give you an answer that I’m willing to put my name on and stand behind. Sometimes that means checking with other agents/offices in the area of concern.
    Please Stay Safe And Have A Wonderful Day.
    Special Agent Allan Coker
    NOAA's Office For Fishery Law Enforcement
  • nfairbanknfairbank Posts: 266 Deckhand
    Thank you.....
    You are welcome
    My purpose on this site is to help everyone understand Federal Fishery Regulations and to provide information. Working with the Florida Sportsman is a collateral (volunteer) duty I asked for and enjoy; I will only give you an answer that I’m willing to put my name on and stand behind. Sometimes that means checking with other agents/offices in the area of concern.
    Please Stay Safe And Have A Wonderful Day.
    Special Agent Allan Coker
    NOAA's Office For Fishery Law Enforcement