Home Navionics

Navionics WebApp

Ed54Ed54 Posts: 5 Greenhorn
WebApp looks great. I can see a lot of potential for SonarCharts. The additional detail for Tampa Bay is incredible already. Syncing among web and mobile apps is also a great feature. I love cloud apps and this is a great example of the advantages of that kind of software.

But ... I cannot find a way to register or log on. I also cannot find a menu to create waypoints and routes, or save to my Navionics SD card. The WebApp is basically useless without that, just a pretty website. And since the Navionics PC app has been discontinued, there is no way to plan routes on my PC and sync to my plotter.

Am I missing something, or have these features not been implemented yet? If so, any idea when they will be available?

Also, a suggested feature for the future: clickable icons to user-uploaded downscan imagery of bottom structure.

Replies

• DixonDixon Posts: 56 Deckhand
    Ed54 wrote: »
    WebApp looks great. I can see a lot of potential for SonarCharts. The additional detail for Tampa Bay is incredible already. Syncing among web and mobile apps is also a great feature. I love cloud apps and this is a great example of the advantages of that kind of software.

But ... I cannot find a way to register or log on. I also cannot find a menu to create waypoints and routes, or save to my Navionics SD card. The WebApp is basically useless without that, just a pretty website. And since the Navionics PC app has been discontinued, there is no way to plan routes on my PC and sync to my plotter.

Am I missing something, or have these features not been implemented yet? If so, any idea when they will be available?

Also, a suggested feature for the future: clickable icons to user-uploaded downscan imagery of bottom structure.

So glad you like what you're seeing!!

Yes, the additional functionality of user-specific log-in and personalized data management are not implemented yet. We hope to introduce those features later this year.
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,393 Officer
    Hurry please and make sure there Android and I phone capable from the start!
  • DixonDixon Posts: 56 Deckhand
    FlatsBoy wrote: »
    Hurry please and make sure there Android and I phone capable from the start!

Absolutely. Will pass that along!
  • Ed54Ed54 Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Dixon wrote: »
    So glad you like what you're seeing!!

Yes, the additional functionality of user-specific log-in and personalized data management are not implemented yet. We hope to introduce those features later this year.

So it has been almost a year. Any progress on user-specific log-in and data management for the Web App?

If not, does Navionics have a recommended method to plan routes on my PC and then transfer to my plotter for use with Navionics charts? What replaces the functionality lost when the Navionics PC App was discontinued?