Port Lucaya This Weekendend

lhouck23lhouck23 Posts: 57 Deckhand
Im sure this or similar has been posted before but Im am worn out for all the Dolphin catching today and cant muster up the energy to do a search. I am taking the lazy way out and just asking.

Ive made the crossing to Grand and the Abacos but never to West End or Port Lucaya. A big wig client is coming into work this week and totally unsolicited by me, the VP ask can we take him to the Bahamas on my boat and the company pick up the check for customer entertainment. I had to think about it for almost a milisecond before I said of course. They saw the pictures from my Walkers trip and wanted to go.

I didn't want to take a client I have never met and several noobs Ive never fished with all the way to Grand. I think we need the entertainment ( :beer ) at Port Lucaya as fishing for them will probably be secondary. So I convinced them to go to Port Lucaya instead.

My current plan is to check in at West End and then troll / fish on the way to Port Lucaya. Anybody have any location / spots tips since Ive never fished this area. Also where could I do some free diving for lobsters / hogs while showing the guys some reefs? Im not giving them spear equipment. Not asking for your secrete spot or numbers, just a point in the right direction. :signs

Thanks in Advance !
27 Contender :D
Stuart, FL
Pirate's Cove Marina
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• VenturesomeVenturesome Posts: 1,743 Officer
    you could do good free diving north of west end toward sandy cay, its on the charts.
    2392.jpg
  • AlwaysOnTopAlwaysOnTop Posts: 210 Deckhand
    We crossed this weekend and stayed at Blue Marlin Cove for the first time, usually stay at OBB. BMC was fantastic super nice people , more of a homey feeling. Bottom fishing was great on the ledge off memory , bring lots of chum. Spearfishing and lobstering was awesome as well, between memory and whitesands. As for dolphin we couldnt keep them off the line having to release several gaffers over 10#'s( 20 miles sw of west end). YF tuna not so great only managed one.
  • Bluewater 35Bluewater 35 Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Blue Marlin Cove is the place to be. Just got back again and what a great place to call home for a few days. Shannon makes fresh coffee every morning and breakfast sandwiches starting at 6:00 AM. Marvin the dock master is also a great guy and will make sure you have everything you need. Fishing was great, and at the end of the day a cool drink in the pool and then Shannon’s amazing Cracked Conch, Lobster, Mack and Cheese, Potato Salad, Peas & Rice you’ll never want to leave.
    If it swims, catch it! :fishing
  • lhouck23lhouck23 Posts: 57 Deckhand
    Thanks guys. Ill let you know how the trip went.
    27 Contender :D
    Stuart, FL
    Pirate's Cove Marina
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]