Skip to main content
Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

July fishing in Marco

Good Morning to all,
It has been a long time since I have been on this forum, but it has always been a great resource to me. I will be in Marco for the month of July on my annual family vacation. I always bring my 16' Hewes and usually go exploring, or spend the day with the family at Hurricane Pass. I am not looking for anyones honey holes, but would appreciate some general directon as to where to get my 6 year old son on some fish. We have had our fun with snapper in the mangroves, and small snook of the beach... Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Replies

• FLTXhunterFLTXhunter Senior Member Posts: 516 Officer
    Couple questions and then i will PM you some info and some specific spots. First, are you staying on the water or will you be trailering and launching the boat at ramps? If you are staying on the water, what part of the Island, North or South (for the life of me, i cannot believe they have not put in a canal that allows boaters to access both ends without going all the way around the island!:huh)? And, you mention a 6 year old....what kind of fish are you wanting to target (are tarpon and sharks too much for the 6 year old to handle?)
  • BlueLabelBlueLabel Junior Member MiamiPosts: 9 Deckhand
    FLTX, I keep the boat in Cedar Bay marina (Elkham) which puts me in the wateray...I usually head toward hurricane pass. As for my son, I want him to experience some new fish even if I have to help. He would be thrilled to see tarpon and sharks.
  • FLTXhunterFLTXhunter Senior Member Posts: 516 Officer