THC (marijuana) Helps Cure Cancer Says Harvard Study

Machine HeadMachine Head Posts: 2,634 Officer

Researchers at Harvard tested the chemical THC in both lab and mouse studies. They say this is the first set of experiments to show that the compound, THC actually activates naturally produced receptors to fight off lung cancer. The researchers suggest that THC or other designer agents that activate these receptors might be used in a targeted fashion to treat lung cancer.

Although a medical substitute of THC, known as Marinol, has been used as an appetite stimulant for cancer patients and other similar treatments, few studies have shown that THC might have anti-tumor activity.

*HERE IS THE INTERESTING PART* The only clinical trial testing THC as a treatment against cancer growth was a recently completed British pilot study. For three weeks, researchers injected standard doses of THC into mice that had been implanted with human lung cancer cells, and found that tumors were reduced in size and weight by about 50 percent in treated animals compared to a control group. There was also about a 60 percent reduction in cancer lesions on the lungs in these mice as well as a significant reduction in protein markers associated with cancer progression.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame

Replies

• Machine HeadMachine Head Posts: 2,634 Officer
    Proof Marijuana CURES Cancer
    "There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,609 AG
    I predict no less than 4 individuals to refute this to the death (metaphorically) and deny they are wrong
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,610 Admiral
    Some will never believe it has medicinal value.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    (wait till they get just a LITTLE older...)
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,661 Admiral
    63yIHT9.jpg
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    I like how you call THC marijuana. Is that like calling nicotine tobacco? How many of you inject THC? You suckered in Rock_fish though.. Good work
    It's amusing to see people justify all sorts of illegal activity.

tobacco+ad+pseudoscience20.jpg

1945-ruth-raleigh-ad-250.jpg

6a00e554e81be388340120a5b7388e970c-320wi

14.jpg

180977.jpg?v=1

[IMG]http://www.healthcare-administration-degree.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/6-Lucky-Strike–I-Protect-My-Voice-With-Luckies.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.healthcare-administration-degree.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/1-Viceroys–as-your-Dentist-I-Would-Recommend-Viceroys.jpg[/IMG]
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    there's 1
    rock_fish wrote: »
    there's 1

and if you noticed no where did I say that THC didn't have health benefits.. Sucker.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    Why are you resorting to name calling all of a sudden?
    Dude, relax a bit
    Why are you resorting to name calling all of a sudden?
    Dude, relax a bit

"You suckered in Rock_fish though.. "

Perhaps I should have a nice healthy smoke of cigarettes to get the nicotine to relax me. ;) Or eat a willow tree for some asprin?
    If that's what you want to do.
    Sorry, no need to base my decision on ignorance and lies (calling THC marijuana) like the video and OP did. I can get my medicine as medicine without justifying illegal behaviour. ;) As you read Marinol(THC) is available for medical treatments.
    I wouldnt know really, I've never done an illegal drug in my life. i dont even have any prescription drugs.

I really have no dog in 99% of the topic fights in here, I can just see a predictable outcome from a mile away
    I wouldnt know really, I've never done an illegal drug in my life. i dont even have any prescription drugs.

I really have no dog in 99% of the topic fights in here, I can just see a predictable outcome from a mile away

Yep.. Pot lovers will lie to drive the agenda and justify their behavior. ;)The same people will find it. But your prediction that we would say it is false... well is false.
    What about the threads about the exact opposite?

This forum most of the time:
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,610 Admiral
    CaptTater wrote: »
    Yep.. Pot lovers will lie to drive the agenda and justify their behavior. ;)The same people will find it. But your prediction that we would say it is false... well is false.

I'm an ex-pot smoker who wants it legalized for recreational use.

It is screwed up that very little research has been done because not much money can be made off of it. It is too easy to make the oil and grow the plant.
  • ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,397 Captain
    I'd smoke a cow **** if it would cure a cancer I had.
    I don't care either if it's well controlled. Sad that people need it to enjoy their life but oh well. Of course imagine the backlash when the idiot find out that legalizing it doesn't mean employers can't have a drug free policy. Imagine the lawsuits.... It's not addictive but people who know they will lose their job when tested or while go to jail for parole violation can't stay off of it..... But it's not addictive.
    I don't care either if it's well controlled. Sad that people need it to enjoy their life but oh well. Of course imagine the backlash when the idiot find out that legalizing it doesn't mean employers can't have a drug free policy. Imagine the lawsuits.... It's not addictive but people who know they will lose their job when tested or while go to jail for parole violation can't stay off of it..... But it's not addictive.

You drink? AA?
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,290 Admiral
    Tater NEVER disappoints and never fails to entertain...

So I just want to say Thanks! Mr. Tater for this latest installment of the world according to Tater.....
  • GJBenn85GJBenn85 Posts: 1,364 Officer
    NOTHING will ever become of it unless the pharmaceuticals can synthesize it and make billions.
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    GJBenn85 wrote: »
    NOTHING will ever become of it unless the pharmaceuticals can synthesize it and make billions.

this
    and we know that the federal gov won't do anything to mess up the apple cart and stop the campaign contributions the pharm industry showers them with
    No political signature
    Tater NEVER disappoints and never fails to entertain...

So I just want to say Thanks! Mr. Tater for this latest installment of the world according to Tater.....

So you disagree that the study says that THC is what affectd the cancer and it was called marijuana? What part do you think is entertaining? The truth or the lie presented? Does bigfoot smoke THC.. oh wait, you can't smoke THC, you smoke marijuana which contains THC.
    GJBenn85 wrote: »
    Well as I referenced above they did long ago.. it's used as an appetite aid for people that need it.
    greggl wrote: »
    You drink? AA?

Very little. No addiction what so ever. Last alcohol I had was probably 2 weeks ago at GTFish' house with dinner. I drink it when I want the taste, not because I need it to change how I feel. ;) Thanks for playing though.
    So you disagree that the study says that THC is what affectd the cancer and it was called marijuana? What part do you think is entertaining? The truth or the lie presented? Does bigfoot smoke THC.. oh wait, you can't smoke THC, you smoke marijuana which contains THC.

No not at all.....

But we can always depend on you to twist any subject to match your black and white agenda.....

Like I said you never disappoint.
    Very little. No addiction what so ever. Last alcohol I had was probably 2 weeks ago at GTFish' house with dinner. I drink it when I want the taste, not because I need it to change how I feel. ;) Thanks for playing though.

Tater prefers the warm feeling of purple coolaid.
    I drink it when I want the taste, not because I need it to change how I feel. ;) Thanks for playing though.

You're a very light drug user then.
    greggl wrote: »
    You're a very light drug user then.

LEGAL. I take aleve 2-3 times per week and I take Pepcid every day.