Pray for Oklahoma

GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,833 Admin
Unbelievable:angel
The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz

Replies

• coldaircoldair Posts: 11,498 Officer
  • anejo22anejo22 Posts: 1,511 Officer
    man getting close to ok city just flattened another town and still going may hit moore. at least two on the ground now.fingers crossed prayers said.
  • SJCSJC Posts: 2,570 Captain

Ain't that the truth! Its his plan for us, everything happens for a reason.
    The Beatings will continue until moral improves!
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 28,385 AG
    They would prefer money, it will do more good.

http://www.unitedwayokc.org/

Mini Mart Magnate

• hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,324 Admiral
    My sister just sent me a text. She's right in the path of that big one. And not far out. Less tha a mile last I heard. Prayers welcome
    If I say something that offends you, please let me know so I can say it again later

1322773200_30_1_USD_3.50_default.png
  • hatcityhatcity Posts: 3,161 Captain
    Hook-prayers to your family out there and all in OKC area
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • fishknutfishknut Posts: 3,928 Captain
    hooknline wrote: »
    My sister just sent me a text. She's right in the path of that big one. And not far out. Less tha a mile last I heard. Prayers welcome

Hoping for the best.....:crossed
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......
  • GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,833 Admin
    cadman wrote: »
    They would prefer money, it will do more good.

http://www.unitedwayokc.org/

Would thoughts be better? They're currently going through another series of storms.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • silvergsilverg Posts: 1,456 Officer
    Very eery video on tv this evening.
    Griz wrote: »
    Would thoughts be better? They're currently going through another series of storms.

Neither is going to stop the storms or help rebuild or give emergency needs.

I understand the need to express your sadness at such an event, but if you truly want to help, send a few bucks to a relief group that is helping those hit by the storm. Thinking about them or praying for them isn't going to change anything except maybe make you feel better. I sent $50 to the relief fund, I bet my $50 does more good than any prayers to help those in Oklahoma.

Mini Mart Magnate

• Andrewsmith1Andrewsmith1 Posts: 354 Officer
    Those storm systems are headed this way. I hope they weaken before they get here. We may be in for a long night.

Any word?
  • PhishbohnPhishbohn Posts: 2,978 Captain
    Pray and act, if you can.
    Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    For those who dislike the concept of others asking for and seeing posters offering prayers for those who are hurt, sick or have adverse conditions in their life you could always simply

avoid the thread or

mind your own business.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,698 AG

I understand the need to express your sadness at such an event, but if you truly want to help, send a few bucks to a relief group that is helping those hit by the storm. Thinking about them or praying for them isn't going to change anything except maybe make you feel better. I sent $50 to the relief fund, I bet my $50 does more good than any prayers to help those in Oklahoma.

I don't pray, but I will sure sent $100.
    Vote for the other candidate
    fishknut wrote: »
    Any word?

Yes. Sorry. The tornado weakened and lifted 1 block before her house. Then dropped back down and hit tinker afb. Last I heard she didn't think she had any damage.
    Thanks everyone!
    If I say something that offends you, please let me know so I can say it again later

fins4me wrote: »
    For those who dislike the concept of others asking for and seeing posters offering prayers for those who are hurt, sick or have adverse conditions in their life you could always simply

avoid the thread or

mind your own business.

You too cheap to make a donation?

I posted to bring some reality to the situation. You want to help, either get your butt there or send a few dollars.

Mini Mart Magnate

• CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Yes. Sorry. The tornado weakened and lifted 1 block before her house. Then dropped back down and hit tinker afb. Last I heard she didn't think she had any damage.
    Thanks everyone!

So prayers worked. She is welcome. .
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    CaptTater wrote: »

Exactly.

• PhescadorPhescador Posts: 3,816 Officer

Haha, no.... Luck worked. You know what they say about luck though; you make your own.

Xenia'd.
    Ewe Inn Joy Mice Elf.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    You too cheap to make a donation?

I posted to bring some reality to the situation. You want to help, either get your butt there or send a few dollars.

So you are once again clueless and think that the act of offering a prayer keeps one from or offers an excuse for not giving,, I give as do most here and all over for that matter who also offer up prayers.

Now if you will excuse me I think my comments along with the others who chose to clutter this thread have derailed what was meant to be a meaningful request enough.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"

What do you have against the Air force base or all the other people in tornado's path? Why didn't you pray for the tornado to go away instead of jumping her house? Better question, why does God hate all those people?

Hooknline,

glad your sister got lucky and the tornado missed her.

Mini Mart Magnate

• PhescadorPhescador Posts: 3,816 Officer
    You're trying to bring reality to an unrealistic situation. Stop now before your head starts to hurt Cad.
    Ewe Inn Joy Mice Elf.
    Maybe the other people didn't have enough people prayin for them. You guys made the difference

• I have friends there, they are literally living scared to death hour to hour!
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    What do you have against the Air force base or all the other people in tornado's path? Why didn't you pray for the tornado to go away instead of jumping her house? Better question, why does God hate all those people?

Hooknline,

glad your sister got lucky and the tornado missed her.

Sure because Christianity is being kicked out of our military despite being a fundamental part of it and our nations core values since day one. ;)
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    Thanks everyone!

Good news, glad to hear it. What ever the reason.....
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 AG
    Griz wrote: »
    Unbelievable:angel

Is that an order?
    When I was younger, I could remember anything...

whether it had happened or not.

Mark Twain
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,465 Admiral

I understand the need for money.
    But everyone deals with these catastrophes in their own way.
    This thread was about prayers.
    Perhaps you would wish to start a thread on money needed for Oklahoma and then you won't have to bash those that are
    trying to deal with it thru prayer