Native Watercraft

Anyone else out there owners of Native Watercrafts? If so post a Pic of your rig. mine will be up soon.

Replies

• evergladeskid243evergladeskid243 Posts: 269 Deckhand
    Proud owner of a MantaRay 14 and a new Slayer 14.5

58d8c784-40df-46a8-89cf-647fc379c35c_zps1ff49d44.jpg?t=1370056444
  • SuperFlukeSuperFluke Posts: 1,889 Captain
    I have nearly fished my Ultimate 14.5 to death. Once the rear keel is made of nothing but JB weld, then I'll buy another one. Right now, it is just mostly plugged with JB weld. Could be a few years though, that stuff is tough.
  • DogmanDogman Posts: 450 Deckhand
    I love my slayer. Great boat.
    2013 Native Watercraft Slayer 14.5 (Sand) - His
    2010 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100 (Mango) - Hers
    I posted a similar question here a little while ago, asking peoples' opinion of the Ultimate (Tegris) All I got were glowing reports for the Ultimate from all who replied. That said, why did some of you choose the Manta or Slayer over the Ultimate?
    .......Rick
  • PickledvolvoPickledvolvo Posts: 189 Officer
    Permit Rat wrote: »
    I posted a similar question here a little while ago, asking peoples' opinion of the Ultimate (Tegris) All I got were glowing reports for the Ultimate from all who replied. That said, why did some of you choose the Manta or Slayer over the Ultimate?

The reasons I like a Manta Ray: Its fairly quick(for what it is), good amount of rocker for offshore use, self bailing.

The reason I like an Ultimate: Light, awesome seat, super stable for standing, open deck for easy storage.
    "I throw empty beer cans at the TV when I'm watching the news.
    I hate republicans, I hate democrats, I hate liberals too!"
  • evergladeskid243evergladeskid243 Posts: 269 Deckhand
    Permit Rat wrote: »

Dont like that the ultimate is not selfbailing and canoe like, Slayer= best of both boats, first class seating, insane amounts of storage, self bailing, and stable
  • Permit RatPermit Rat Posts: 2,283 Captain
    Man, Snookking....that's a fine looking boat. I wonder if you took the seat out and put in a cooler, if you could stand there and pole/paddle. Love that paddle holder too. I can see my pushpole there right now. I'm never in water more than about 5-6 ft. deep; maybe less.
    .......Rick
  • Snookking98Snookking98 Posts: 75 Deckhand
    This kayak is amazing! Even without the motor its still great. The trolling motor defiantly has its advantages and disadvantages as I have found though. Its nice getting that push along in the wind and more stability because more weight is in it but the battery is fifty pounds so you can't go as shallow as you can without it and the yak is lopsided if it slides. Overall its amazing. The seat is the most comfortable I've sat in and the paddle holder helps greatly. I don't now about standing on a cooler but I can stand on the gunnels of this one fine. I'm short so by sanding on that I gain an extra 5-6 inches of visibility.
  • JoeyHotFizzleJoeyHotFizzle Posts: 225 Officer
    Slayer here! I just traded my Tarpon 120 last weekend and fished on the slayer the same day. I found myself standing a lot more than I should on the Tarpon and it's not the best platform for sight casting.
  • One more castOne more cast Posts: 145 Officer
    Slayer 14.5
    I love it. Great sight casting/fly fishing platform.
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    How do those slayers handle offshore?
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
  • PickledvolvoPickledvolvo Posts: 189 Officer
    ZimmerNole wrote: »

I have yet to paddle one offshore but from the looks of it there is plenty of rocker for mild conditions. For offshore I use the Manta Ray 14.5 from Native Watercraft. It was designed by Liguid Logic, a white water brand(for the most part), and to me it is the perfect offshore boat. Plenty of rocker. Easy to maneuver. Tracks just good enough without inhibiting maneuverability. I also love the seat and the oversized foot braces.
    "I throw empty beer cans at the TV when I'm watching the news.
    I hate republicans, I hate democrats, I hate liberals too!"
  • One more castOne more cast Posts: 145 Officer
    ZimmerNole wrote: »
    I bought the slayer TO fish offshore. It is nice and stable, also the giant scuppers help flush it out quickly when You take a big wave over the bow. The large open hatch is great for storing big fish. It takes a little @$$ to paddle it around, but it tracks well. Im happy with it.
  • RiverrattRiverratt Posts: 31 Greenhorn
    The seat, the seat, the seat. These are the very best like a big fluffy recliner. I sold my ride and phoenix because i could not stand sitting on the bottom of the yak without being able to get up. I was thinking i would have to give up kayaking but my ultimate12 has put me back on the water. Love this boat.