Buy a place next to Lake Harney?

Carl SpacklerCarl Spackler Posts: 301 Officer
Mother-in-law needs to move out of her place and in with us. The two alternatives to this are me fleeing and joining the first circus I can find, or we buy her a trailer that is on some land that we could build on in a couple years. I saw a few spots that were just east south/east of Lake Harney that already have an existing mobile/manufactured homes on them that fit into the small budget we have. The properties were off of Wild Pine Road. Anybody know what the problem with this area in general is? The property seems awfully cheap, which screams problem in my book.

I would like to get a little non-BS background information before I talk to the Realtor. He has already called once, but I let it go to voice-mail. I have never been around that area, and physically can't get there until July, so I wanted to see if any of you guys know anything.

Thanks
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once. -- Judge Alex Kozinski,

Replies

• sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,273 Captain
    Lots of low land around Harney. Who knows, we might get lots of rain again one of these days.
    Hoping for better luck next time...... and got it.

WINNING!
  • Carl SpacklerCarl Spackler Posts: 301 Officer
    It's about a mile and a half from the lake.
    The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once. -- Judge Alex Kozinski,
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 1,762 Captain
    Some very low/wet land there. Rugbutt's brother lives on Harney and the've been flooded a few times...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 1,762 Captain
    East of the lake?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Carl SpacklerCarl Spackler Posts: 301 Officer
    Mile and a half east of the very southern portion of the lake. When I lived in Florida, I was up by Panama City and have never been down around that area. We're moving back, but not for another two years. Mother-in-law ran into a bad spot due to no fault of her own, so it's either live with us, we pay her mortgage in a **** trailer village, or we buy something with a trailer on it. I just don't know if the area is meth-head paradise or something. I'm going to go online and take a look at the toppo maps, but I was just wondering if it had a bad reputation for anything.