I was wondering..........

2»

Replies

• fshneriefshnerie Posts: 71 Deckhand
    HiH wrote: »
    How many of you have a Parent you just can't deal with? You Love them because they are a Parent, But you can't
    stand to be around them? Mine is my Dad. I have to go see him today and I'm dreading it to the point
    I'm starting to feel sick. I love my Dad but he's an arrogant, opinionated, rude ****. I'm 51(oldest) and
    still can't do anything right. I haven't seen him in 2 months. He's been calling my Mom,(they divorced when I was 15)
    and really dragging me through the mud. sorry, ungrateful etc.When I get over there it'll be the same old #$%!
    interrupting me, talking over me almost to the point of screaming so he came shove his opinions down my throat.
    Anyhoo I was wondering if I was the only one? Oh yeah I did/do NOT do this to my Son's. My Oldest contacts me
    1-2 x a week and my youngest still lives with me. Ok I'm off the soap box.

I have not seen my mom in 24 years. I could not stand to be around her. She ran off when I was around 11, after I married I learned what being a parent is all about. Feel bad for her, she missed out and is missing alot. Saw her at my Grandmothers Funeral and she was a total Itch. Still the same even at 74 years old. Her Loss....
  • HiHHiH Posts: 407 Deckhand
    I just got home and he was actually pretty decent since I haven't seen him in almost 3 mo.
    My Step mom who is basically pretty quiet stepped up every time he started before I could say anything and told him
    to quit being an A$$. It was strained and tense but went off better than I expected it to.
    Time will tell.Thanks for letting me vent it out.
    :fishing The longer I'm Single, The more I get to fish!! :fishing
  • fishknutfishknut Posts: 3,928 Captain
    HiH wrote: »
    I just got home and he was actually pretty decent since I haven't seen him in almost 3 mo.
    My Step mom who is basically pretty quiet stepped up every time he started before I could say anything and told him
    to quit being an A$$. It was strained and tense but went off better than I expected it to.
    Time will tell.Thanks for letting me vent it out.

Maybe he read your post.......congrats
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......
  • johnnybjohnnyb Posts: 985 Officer
    I went through this with my career alcoholic dad from the time I was 15. The only time I heard from him from age 17 on was when he was broke or in jail and wanting to "borrow" money or me bring a carton of smokes to the jail. He never gave a rat's *** that he had grand kids. I tried helping him out when I was something like 35. I think he was sober 3-4 days. He vanished and it was 20 years before I heard from him directly. Wanting money again. He died 5-6 years ago. I don't remember exactly when and don't know where he is buried and really don't care. My opinion is unless things smooth out immediately with him then write him off and spend more quality time with your kids. They will appreciate it and obviously he doesn't. You don't need the hassle at this point in your life.
    Acceptance of any type of behavior effectively reinforces that behavior.
    Original member number 3640 - September 2001.
    NRA Endowment Member

obamasales.png
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,610 Admiral
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,445 Admiral
    I don't know...I guess I just take that "Honor thy Father and Mother" thing seriously....

Anyway...glad the visit went off better than expected...

Steve
  • HuntressJaxHuntressJax Posts: 696 Officer
    Sea Snake wrote: »
    I don't know...I guess I just take that "Honor thy Father and Mother" thing seriously....

Anyway...glad the visit went off better than expected...

Steve

I am with you on the honor thing but you don't have to take a life time of abuse. Honor thyself, then your kin....