American Red Snapper - Read This & Post Here - When Are You Running Out?

13»

Replies

  • goddfaddagoddfadda Posts: 111 Officer
    Been a long time since I posted on here... been lurking though!

    I'm going to be heading out of New Pass, SRQ for ARS before the season ends. I generally head WSW to get deeper faster. I guess I shouldn't stop until 150ft (~50 miles?)

    Anyone finding them closer off our area? I see reports of them being caught in 120 off St Pete, but it seems we get deeper faster down here, so have to go a little more.
  • Angler SystemsAngler Systems Posts: 919 Officer
    goddfadda wrote: »
    Anyone finding them closer off our area? I see reports of them being caught in 120 off St Pete, but it seems we get deeper faster down here, so have to go a little more.

    Got some in 143' on Saturday.
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    goddfadda wrote: »
    Been a long time since I posted on here... been lurking though!

    I'm going to be heading out of New Pass, SRQ for ARS before the season ends. I generally head WSW to get deeper faster. I guess I shouldn't stop until 150ft (~50 miles?)

    Anyone finding them closer off our area? I see reports of them being caught in 120 off St Pete, but it seems we get deeper faster down here, so have to go a little more.

    Went out 4 times last 2 weeks. Fished 120-140s and got skunked on ARS. Did much better in 150s-160s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goddfaddagoddfadda Posts: 111 Officer
    Thanks fellas. Unless I bring a decent crew with me, its just not worth the price for those fillets ;)
  • Angler SystemsAngler Systems Posts: 919 Officer
    Guess our last trip of the season will be Thursday. Would love to hear a report from someone who fished today or Wednesday.
  • perlman1234perlman1234 Posts: 1,449 Officer
    Limitied out first two times out in 120 last time it was really slow and only caught 3. Big gags are coming over the deck so I think I am just ready for that and over the red snapper.
  • doubledupdoubledup Posts: 235 Officer
    I will be out Thursday too for our last trip of the season. Weather looks perfect
  • whitebaconwhitebacon Posts: 354 Officer
    doubledup wrote: »
    I will be out Thursday too for our last trip of the season. Weather looks perfect

    If you need someone to ride and defray the fuel costs let me know. I have solid numbers in 160ish which I will give you and where we can catch a limit of studs quickly
  • perlman1234perlman1234 Posts: 1,449 Officer
    White bacon..... hahahaha thats a funny name
  • whitebaconwhitebacon Posts: 354 Officer
    White bacon..... hahahaha thats a funny name

    Very funny, and ridiculed often.
  • capeanglercapeangler Posts: 586 Officer
    Left at dark thirty this a.m and cleared bgp as light was peeking over the horizon. Wind was blowing with tstorms to the west and wsw. Headed to 65 foot to see what storms and wind were doing And to fill the wells with squirrels and dines/speedos . Sunk the hook on a number in 70' and quickly caught limits of rg's. Headed west toward the ars grounds around 10am. Made our way to 90 foot and decided to turn back around and call it an early day. Winds and seas never really.subsided and tstorms were developing all around us in the distance. Got back to my dock as a tstorm approached from the east. Glad we did not trek out another 30 40 miles in todays unsettled conditions
  • Angler SystemsAngler Systems Posts: 919 Officer
    Full report coming but just in case anyone is heading out tomorrow. We fished for only about 4 hours today, late start, early in. We kept 8 Red Snapper and 7 Red Grouper. Plenty others caught and released. They liked metal today......jigs won!
  • Angler SystemsAngler Systems Posts: 919 Officer
    .

    If you are an offshore angler in the Gulf please watch this video on a possible additional Red Snapper seasons starting September 1, 2013.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bLXDhhbT7s
  • ThePigskinCaptainThePigskinCaptain Posts: 390 Officer
    Watched the video. October 1, and weekends.
  • Angler SystemsAngler Systems Posts: 919 Officer
    Good news..............

    Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council

    Council has just voted to open a fall season for recreational red snapper on October 1st. Pending approval from NMFS the season will open for continuous days until the quota is met.
  • SJCSJC Posts: 2,565 Captain
    Says 21 days from what I'm reading online this morning
    The Beatings will continue until moral improves!
Sign In or Register to comment.