*ping Tater

SonOfAGunninSonOfAGunnin Posts: 5,085 Admiral
Could you give me a little background on this? Perhaps tell me where the science behind sonoluminesence is currently at and where it's headed as for it's feasibility as a legitimate source of power?

Thank you.

http://youtu.be/LWO93G-zLZ0

Replies

• BnTBnT Posts: 6,644 Admiral
    I've seen bio-luminescence in the lagoon... hope this helps
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Sharky is always clocky, bnt is sometimes sharky,
    sharky is sometimes bnt, but bnt is never clocky
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    is that the light released by cavitation bubbles collapsing? Takes a lot of energy to cavitate.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,423 AG
    Ive seen it in charlotte harbor
  • BnTBnT Posts: 6,644 Admiral
    Polar wrote: »
    Ive seen it in charlotte harbor

Used to be able to see it every morning at the bio lab boat ramp but haven't seen it in the past year... The lagoon is going south.. sad.
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Sharky is always clocky, bnt is sometimes sharky,
    sharky is sometimes bnt, but bnt is never clocky
  • SonOfAGunninSonOfAGunnin Posts: 5,085 Admiral
    Sono, not bio...
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,423 AG
    dont call him names
    Polar wrote: »
    dont call him names

Bless your heart.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • ZecuraZecura Posts: 41 Deckhand
    I posted an article on it a few years ago on SF. Seems the Mantis Shrimp can produce the effect.
    I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.

This too shall pass.
    Zecura wrote: »
    I posted an article on it a few years ago on SF. Seems the Mantis Shrimp can produce the effect.

Right. I've ordered 100,000 mantis shrimp for the Tatershrimp power station. I will make millions.
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    why is the an asterisk before the ping?
    No political signature
    frank wrote: »
    why is the an asterisk before the ping?

I only answer PING with an *.
  • ZecuraZecura Posts: 41 Deckhand
    CaptTater wrote: »
    Right. I've ordered 100,000 mantis shrimp for the Tatershrimp power station. I will make millions.

I see, power the Taterlaser with the Tatershrimp power station.

Awesome plan!
    I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.

This too shall pass.