Japan says "No, thank you." to US wheat ...

GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,946 Admiral
“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”

Replies

• PhescadorPhescador Posts: 3,816 Officer
    Don't we sell like 60% of our wheat overseas? Those in the west sell like 90% of it to Japan and Korea? Seems like bad economics to me if you can't find a buyer...
    Ewe Inn Joy Mice Elf.
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,689 AG
    The fall of Rome
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 7,036 Admiral
    They are a lot pickier about what they eat.
    They are a lot thinner than us.
    They are a lot healthier than us.

But they must be wrong, stupid japs ***** yeah, Amurika!!!
    Longest average life span for a human on the planet The Japs have. It's all the fish. Who said mercury was bad for you?
    Ewe Inn Joy Mice Elf.
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    First off, there is a lot of fear mongering on GMO's. You have to look at the studies that show the rats getting tumors, who produced those studies, and why they were escewed.

Some french whackjob came out with the study, who was previously known to be anti-GMO's, and used flawed science in his study. Many have replicated the same effect. They gave rats in a small test group, as little as 20 rats, rats previously known to have issues with tumors on a regular diet, and fed them strict diets high in GMO's, and glyphosate. Well gee! No kidding the rats got tumors.

Anyone eating too much of anything, is going to have bad effects. If your diet is 90% corn, expect bad effects, even if that corn is not GMO corn.

Now many americans eat diets high in processed food. Guess what? Unhealthy diets lead to bad side effects.

So then you have to ask, why such a big fuss? Well, since American produces the majority of the food consumed by the earth, there is animosity against us. There is also the fiscal aspects of taking a swing at unkle siam. When japan stopped importing soy beans, due to GMO's, the prices bottomed out. Guess what, when they did, japan resumed purchasing soy beans from us.

Yes, there may be some ill efects from GMO's, and some shouldn't come to market, but overall, they are safe. Don't eat a diet exclusively consisting of GMO's and you'll be fine.
    tffflogocopy_zps48a02f99.jpg
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,740 Admiral
    google "frankenwheat"
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,078 Admiral
    got ants? wrote: »
    First off, there is a lot of fear mongering on GMO's. You have to look at the studies that show the rats getting tumors, who produced those studies, and why they were escewed.

Some french whackjob came out with the study, who was previously known to be anti-GMO's, and used flawed science in his study. Many have replicated the same effect. They gave rats in a small test group, as little as 20 rats, rats previously known to have issues with tumors on a regular diet, and fed them strict diets high in GMO's, and glyphosate. Well gee! No kidding the rats got tumors.

Anyone eating too much of anything, is going to have bad effects. If your diet is 90% corn, expect bad effects, even if that corn is not GMO corn.

Now many americans eat diets high in processed food. Guess what? Unhealthy diets lead to bad side effects.

So then you have to ask, why such a big fuss? Well, since American produces the majority of the food consumed by the earth, there is animosity against us. There is also the fiscal aspects of taking a swing at unkle siam. When japan stopped importing soy beans, due to GMO's, the prices bottomed out. Guess what, when they did, japan resumed purchasing soy beans from us.

Yes, there may be some ill efects from GMO's, and some shouldn't come to market, but overall, they are safe. Don't eat a diet exclusively consisting of GMO's and you'll be fine.

So what you are saying is, you could actually be fine drinking an agent orange milkshake every now and again, as long as you do it in moderation?
    Lol....Agent Orange Milkshake...

We choose convenience over quality. Not good. Guilty as charged as well.
    Ewe Inn Joy Mice Elf.
    Eric, I heard that last year, and then it became known as a hack job. People believe in the own worst fears.

I eat a lot of wheat products, mostly whole wheat. I also eat a lot of brown rice. Guess what, I'm 54, 5' 10", 165 lbs, and have never been fat.
    Phescador wrote: »
    Lol....Agent Orange Milkshake...

We choose convenience over quality. Not good. Guilty as charged as well.

Yup, another frightened lil girl (kz) believing Round Up = Agent Orange.

http://www.renegadegardener.com/content/myth2002.htm
    Longest average life span for a human on the planet The Japs have. It's all the fish. Who said mercury was bad for you?

A Japanese friend of mine told me this was partly because of
    social security fraud over there (their version of SS, anyway).
    Families were continuing to collect on SS for relatives that
    passed away and were thus reporting them as "still alive."
    Funny stuff, really. One family in an article I read was receiving
    benefits for their 128-year-old grandma that was living with them.
    Haha....jesus christ. You ever seen Jiro: Dreams of Sushi? That guy looks about 128.
    Ewe Inn Joy Mice Elf.
    Yep, he does. But I hope I look that good when I'm 128.
  • Michael RepperMichael Repper Posts: 4,897 Officer
    Haha....jesus christ. You ever seen Jiro: Dreams of Sushi? That guy looks about 128.

A fascinating look into the life of a master. It's very cool that he trained his sons in his profession and that they ended up enjoying it as well.
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    our food is over chemicaled/processed and causes problems. I have not doubt about that. The question is how much? The studies i've seen that blast our food supply and compare us against other countries leave out important factors and make assumptions in order to prove their position. The other side seems to ignore eviedance and basic common sense. So you have two extremes, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Americans are fat and unhealthy. Many, many factors. Laziness, demand for feel good food. Choosing unhealthy diets and not exercising, and expecting a pill to keep us healthy are the main reasons. But the food supply itself has issues.

I do have problems with the way things are labeled though. People want "organic" foods to feel good about themselfs. But have they really looked into what qualifies as "organic". Sort of like chickens. People want free range chickens because they think they are heathy, more human, and not full of chemicals. But all "free range" means is they open the shades and let sun light into the barn.
    Good synopsis Homer, albet "free range" means the ability to roam, not "cooped up"
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral

It just seems longer, lookin' out of those slanted eyes...
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral
    Don't we sell like 60% of our wheat overseas? Those in the west sell like 90% of it to Japan and Korea? Seems like bad economics to me if you can't find a buyer...

Free enterprise is a self-correcting system.
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    got ants? wrote: »
    Good synopsis Homer, albet "free range" means the ability to roam, not "cooped up"

not really, according to the USDA anyways.