ECO Boost F-150 = JUNK NHTSA Probe !

Replies

• Buford CletusBuford Cletus Posts: 1,735 Captain
    CaptTater wrote: »
    AND to retool their factory. If they were required to make more efficient vehicles (they were) then we had to loan them money to do it while GM had already spent the money on their efficiency and electrics what's the difference?

BOOM BOOM BOOM.. you can't admit you were wrong and then BOOM.. well you can but it's silly. :)
    Did GM pay back their loans? Did the US make money from GM? Did Ford NOT pay back the money the borrowed from us tax payers? BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM...

• CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    :wink another smart GWB choice to bail them out after the EPA nearly got GM shut down. :)
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • project1project1 Posts: 347 Officer
    Proof positive that it doesn't take long to realize your mistake when purchasing Japanese vehicles.

Thats why they hold their value at resale i guess:eek: iv liked gm dont care much for fords unless they are super duties. Mostly cause my ranger i had oil pan decided to fall off on the way home from work
    Still rocken my 06 black beauty
    IMAG0169-3.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    project1 wrote: »
    Thats why they hold their value at resale i guess:eek: iv liked gm dont care much for fords unless they are super duties. Mostly cause my ranger i had oil pan decided to fall off on the way home from work

Probably was a Mazda motor in the ford. :)
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    No i dont think ford owned mazda yet it was a 89 ranger

• Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,919 Captain
    Light diesel half and quarter ton options seem so obvious to me and yet nobody is building them.
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,406 AG
    tatter always says " bless your heart" when he's getting ganged up on :)
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,406 AG
    He destroyed it when it was 15yrs old by filling the tank up with water and sludge.

Explosion-Image-by-US-Department-of-Defense.jpg
    Rear main seal went, it was a good truck but killing us on the fill ups. Nana happened to die and leave me her 28 mpg Lesabre for a 50 mile a day commute.
    Polar wrote: »
    tatter always says " bless your heart" when he's getting ganged up on :)

No. I'm not supposed to call people idiots and stuff. Bless your heart.
    Ford builds light diesels for south america but not u.s. Its b.s. Man i think its a 5 cylinder dunno if its turbo i read it some where. Its on the F 150 body

• polepositionpoleposition Posts: 1,052 Officer
    This thread reminds me of the politics forum. Lot's of trash talking and nobody being convinced of anything. Still, mildly entertaining in a Jerry Springer kinda way.

Meanwhile in Naples, it's raining so I'm going out to accelerate on the I with my EB. I love to drive fast and take chances; after all, it's only a vehicle.
    GM had a baby V6 330 HP duramax for 1/2 tons that Obama cancelled so as not to interfere with his foreign car friends. :) Could have had a mid 20s-30mpg 1/2 ton truck already. And then a 4.5L V8
  • locoloco Posts: 1,294 Officer
    I guess it will tow that little boat as well as any grocery getter.

Yup and maybe twice as good as something from Mexico Motors!

I have a 72' Fj40 with a Chevy 350, turbo 350 ****, and an NP05 transfer-case... The only stuff I break on it is American made... :huh

10f59489-d148-4ecf-acc5-324ed0b59dfb_zps6b73bf0c.jpg

This is the latest "fun" lost a lobe off the transfer-case yoke and dropped/destroyed the drive shaft... course all that happened on a hard shift into 3rd that broke the rear end loose. :willynilly oh and had to rebuild the **** too.. :banghead

As for the Tundra my last one was 12 years old and only failed to start once and that was a dead battery. Replace 4 O2 sensors, tires and brake pads... nothing else. So I might be oK with my grocery getter...:grin
  • century7century7 Posts: 2,410 Captain
    Dodge is supposed to be releasing a 1500 diesel this summer
    It works 60% of the time all the time......
  • TrpntjTrpntj Posts: 59 Deckhand
    century7 wrote: »
    Dodge is supposed to be releasing a 1500 diesel this summer

Oh it's definitely happening...
    http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/05/ram-1500-diesel-production-to-begin-in-september.html
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,762 Captain
    GM had a baby V6 330 HP duramax for 1/2 tons that Obama cancelled so as not to interfere with his foreign car friends. :) Could have had a mid 20s-30mpg 1/2 ton truck already. And then a 4.5L V8

Thats all he is good at.......cancelling good things. We have been begging for a half ton Diesel for yrs. Ford promised one for several yrs and gave us a baby v6 gas engine with two turbos instead!
    Trpntj wrote: »

Says probably rated at 10,500 and 30mpg! Sounds like a winner to me, now if it holds together. At any rate, sounds like a good start.
  • TrpntjTrpntj Posts: 59 Deckhand
    Yeah I was really disappointed when the whole Mahindra truck deal fell through, I followed that for like 3 years until the last nail was put in the coffin. It was Tacoma sized with diesel...
    Ford did indeed accept Goverment money to fund research and development of more fuel efficient powertrain assemblies. I would not argue that or the fact that those loans are still outstanding.
    They did not accept goverment funds to avoid becoming insolvent as did GM.

As to the Mazda comment, no manufacturer has purchased and re-badged more vehicles than GM.

BOOM BOOM.

yes, GM has been selling ISUZU crap for years. However, the Mazda PU is a good vehicle. We ahve an 04 that says Ranger on it. Hualed approx half a ton of tank,water and equpi for 4yrs. 190,000 miles, we go 5000+ miles between oil changes and it doesn't use a drop.
    Seing theres no more Rangers, S-10, or Dakota I'll probably buy a Mazda!
    They still make dakotas. I never understood the Isuzu crap. And i am a chevy guy but their 2.2l is a piece of s*** i hsd one in my sonoma and my bud had one in a cavalier both had oil issues, computer failure and a few minor issues

• Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,919 Captain
    tunaman wrote: »
    Says probably rated at 10,500 and 30mpg! Sounds like a winner to me, now if it holds together. At any rate, sounds like a good start.

Looks to me like some schmo in the comments section is saying 10k towing capacity and 30 MPG. In the article itself it says 25 MPG highway and it will probably do worse than that in real world conditions, which is pretty close to the numbers the V8s Dodge has right now are putting out, albeit with less horsepower.
    loco wrote: »
    Yup and maybe twice as good as something from Mexico Motors!

I have a 72' Fj40 with a Chevy 350, turbo 350 ****, and an NP05 transfer-case... The only stuff I break on it is American made... :huh

[IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/ This is the latest "fun" lost a lobe off the transfer-case yoke and dropped/destroyed the drive shaft... course all that happened on a hard shift into 3rd that broke the rear end loose. :willynilly oh and had to rebuild the **** too.. :banghead[/img]

Sounds like somebody did a crappy conversion huh?

My Silverado '05 with 140k miles has had waterpump and a fuel filter gasket.
    tunaman wrote: »
    yes, GM has been selling ISUZU crap for years. However, the Mazda PU is a good vehicle. We ahve an 04 that says Ranger on it. Hualed approx half a ton of tank,water and equpi for 4yrs. 190,000 miles, we go 5000+ miles between oil changes and it doesn't use a drop.
    Seing theres no more Rangers, S-10, or Dakota I'll probably buy a Mazda!

You realize that Chevy AND Isuzu own Duramax? Bless your heart. They don't source it from Isuzu.
    "Facility Details

In the DMAX joint venture with Isuzu Motors Ltd., GM owns 60 percent and Isuzu 40 percent. The award-winning Duramax 6.6-liter V-8 is a four-valve high pressure common rail direct injection diesel currently equipped with a diesel particulate filter to meet the stringent 2010 emissions requirements. Available in GM's Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra heavy-duty pickups, the engine delivers a segment-leading 397 horsepower at 3,000 rpm and 765 lb.-ft. of torque at 1,600 rpm – an improvement of 32 horsepower and 105 lb.-ft. of torque over last year’s engine. The Duramax is also available in GM's full-size vans, Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana.

The Duramax History of Durability

With nearly 1.2 million Duramax diesel engines put into operation since its launch in 2000, no other automaker has as much diesel engine development experience for meeting the demands of the heavy-duty truck customer.
    "

kaboom_tub_tile_med.jpg
  • polepositionpoleposition Posts: 1,052 Officer
    Boring. But I'm keeping tabs to see just how boring this can get.

...proceed.
    You must be bored. It takes a little effort to counter the lies on here with facts. :)
  • bababouybababouy Posts: 558 Officer
    project1 wrote: »
    IMAG0169-3.jpg

Nice... still rocking the "04. I've been thinking about the '14 Sierrra this fall
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Night Hawk Monitoring
    Sounds like somebody did a crappy conversion huh?

My Silverado '05 with 140k miles has had waterpump and a fuel filter gasket.

Yup, why the previous owner put chevy crap in there, I don't know...

By the way... My Tundra is more American than your bean burner... And evidently more reliable too

American Made Car Index
    http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&subject=ami&story=amMade0611
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    My Eco so far has been as advertised. Just sayin
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • bigironbigiron Posts: 543 Officer
    My Ford is better than my Chevy. The Toytoas will bend if you use them like a truck. The Fords, Chevys, and Dodges won't. Sorry for the derail.
    bigiron wrote: »
    My Ford is better than my Chevy. The Toytoas will bend if you use them like a truck. The Fords, Chevys, and Dodges won't. Sorry for the derail.
    link?