Home Off Topic

What if...

2»

Replies

• CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    I'm all for retroactive abortion. Let them prove what worthless idiots they are before killing them. No sense in killing the baby that may be the next Einstein.. or tater.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • bullgatorbullgator Posts: 1,940 Officer
    Cyclist wrote: »
    ...you had a pregnant wife and she underwent amniocentesis and the results were that the fetus had genetic issues that would render a mentally handicapped child.

And you could get an injection of a GM chord blood cell that would cure the child.

Would you;

1) Abort the fetus
    2) Carry to term as is or,
    3) Have the injection?

Pete's daily NPR reposed question.
    bullgator wrote: »
    Pete's daily NPR reposed question.

What about the fact that the amnio has a greater risk to the baby or not human blob of cells if you prefer than the potential for the health issues? The sheer process of measuring changes the conditions.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,466 Admiral
    Any injections that will cure potential MD. We are still going thru the BS to have the test for Connor to determine if he has MD. We just got his diagnosis a week ago long after my son and DIL conceived again and are expecting a girl in July.
    Larry Mac wrote: »
    Any injections that will cure potential MD. We are still going thru the BS to have the test for Connor to determine if he has MD. We just got his diagnosis a week ago long after my son and DIL conceived again and are expecting a girl in July.
    What if there is significant risk of death from the test or the cure? It was a tough call for us, especially getting the call on Christmas eve from the doctor and couldn't get an appointment for a few days.
    Prayers for Connor.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,446 AG
    CaptTater wrote: »
    Do you mean mentally handicapped like an IQ of 85? If so that is calling an entire average of a race mentality disabled and in need of either repair or abortion. Not a particularly ethical practice.
    I would consider the injection. We chose not to have the tests because we were very low risk but some of the basic blood tests did point out our last child had 30% chance or better of CP and we decided an abortion was not in the cards. We continued and had our 3rd perfect child.

Good call. Ending a pregnancy due to chance of CP is selfish and
    downright evil. A person who does that is the lowest form of
    trash in my eyes. Worthy of execution if they ever admitted it.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.