Home Off Topic

Lunch

rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral
Just stopped in at loyd have mercy for a small plate of gizzards, Lima beans, and mashed potatoes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369933918.302538.jpg
From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!

Replies

• Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,928 Admiral
    Rusty, I just had a lunch you'd approve of.

5-cheese Mac=n=cheese. WITH bacon of course.

460769_10151598931084487_715184576_o.jpg
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    Chicken gizzards or Mullet gizzards?
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,685 AG
    I had a salad :rolleyes
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral
    Chicken gizzards or Mullet gizzards?

Chicken. I do love me some mullet gizzards, though....
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    Rusty, I just had a lunch you'd approve of.

5-cheese Mac=n=cheese. WITH bacon of course.

460769_10151598931084487_715184576_o.jpg

:thumbsup

Needs more bacon, though.
  • Fly HookerFly Hooker Posts: 4,199 Captain
    Nice..................
  • designated_hitterdesignated_hitter Posts: 837 Officer
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,608 Admiral
    rrbgtt wrote: »
    Just stopped in at loyd have mercy for a small plate of gizzards, Lima beans, and mashed potatoes.

:puke
    Do you Gentlemen also enjoy fried chicken livers as much as I do?

Fried with a chicken gravy?
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
    Chickens = dwarf buzzards.

They are food for other people.
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    Chicken. I do love me some mullet gizzards, though....

I didn't know fish had gizzards. But I loves me some chicken gizzards. And livers, Clean, clean, clean.

Tank, what the hail's wrong with you?
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
    magot wrote: »

Tank, what the hail's wrong with you?

Nothing.

Chicken sucks, that is all.
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Got a **** gizzard in the freezer but have not had the balls to give it a try. Dog would not even consider a raw piece of it.
    Cyclist wrote: »
    Got a **** gizzard in the freezer but have not had the balls to give it a try. Dog would not even consider a raw piece of it.

**** gizzards are great. Without a doubt the best part of the ****.

They are huge!

Their called blue peeps
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    Cyclist wrote: »
    They are huge!

I have neighbor that absolutely loves them. He takes me deer hunting in trade for blue peeps.
  • Fly HookerFly Hooker Posts: 4,199 Captain
    You should try some rooster fries....................
    I have a southern chicken liver frying secret!

OK. first wash and clean the livers, watch for the gallbladder assymbly that is some times still attached and remove.
    second. return livers to container and all buttermilk and let sit for a few hours under refridgeration.
    third. make a seasoned flour
    fourth dredge livers in seasoned flour and be thuro with the flour coating.
    fifth: deep fry livers til the coating id mostly hard.....say 3 minutes at 350 oil....they will shoot and pop pretty good.
    sixth.....this is the secret and special part....you need two cast iron pans and a oven about 350 degrees......heat the cast iron pans in the oven, when the chicken livers come out of the frier gentley place them in the first cast iron pan and add sliced onions....a good amount cover with tin foil and then weigh down the foil with thw second hot cast iron pan and drop into the oven.....let cook for maybe 7 minutes longer and remove...the tin foil keeps the batter from sticking on the weight pan....
    serve with chicken gravy and I like french fries or mashed potatos......Got to make a good chicken gravy from a clean pure chicken stock......

I can very easly get laid by southern belles cooking in this fashion if I keep my mouth shut...... even duos!
    I have a southern chicken liver frying secret!

OK. first wash and clean the livers, watch for the gallbladder assymbly that is some times still attached and remove.
    second. return livers to container and all buttermilk and let sit for a few hours under refridgeration.
    third. make a seasoned flour
    fourth dredge livers in seasoned flour and be thuro with the flour coating.
    fifth: deep fry livers til the coating id mostly hard.....say 3 minutes at 350 oil....they will shoot and pop pretty good.
    sixth.....this is the secret and special part....you need two cast iron pans and a oven about 350 degrees......heat the cast iron pans in the oven, when the chicken livers come out of the frier gentley place them in the first cast iron pan and add sliced onions....a good amount cover with tin foil and then weigh down the foil with thw second hot cast iron pan and drop into the oven.....let cook for maybe 7 minutes longer and remove...the tin foil keeps the batter from sticking on the weight pan....
    serve with chicken gravy and I like french fries or mashed potatos......Got to make a good chicken gravy from a clean pure chicken stock......

I can very easly get laid by southern belles cooking in this fashion if I keep my mouth shut...... even duos!

How southern can she be, if you're having to do the cookin'?:shrug
  • FishyGirlFishyGirl Posts: 715 Officer
    Noticed they have moved.
    "America will never be destroyed from outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves"
    --Abraham Lincoln
  • captinmitchcaptinmitch Posts: 5,807 Admiral
    Just hit Hwy 55 for the first time. Love them gravy fries.
    Well maybe they liked me from the start and just played coy, hey they like sweet tea and them Vols!

I did miss one thing....before dropping into the oven, slicken up the cast iron pan with a spoon full of bacon grease.

You will get something like this here.
  • HiHHiH Posts: 407 Deckhand

How tender were the gizzards? There's a place here in Lakeland that serves fried gizzards that
    melt in your mouth they are so tender. I know a lady that works there, She told me they par boil
    them for 2 hrs, then soak them in buttermilk before frying. They are awesome with a good
    flavorful hot sauce. :drool
    :fishing The longer I'm Single, The more I get to fish!! :fishing
    HiH wrote: »
    How tender were the gizzards?

Not often you see tender and gizzards in the same sentence....:grin
    Well maybe they liked me from the start and just played coy, hey they like sweet tea and them Vols!

I did miss one thing....before dropping into the oven, slicken up the cast iron pan with a spoon full of bacon grease.

You will get something like this here.

Looks pretty darn good Triple. I bet even a gay person would eat it down!
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,505 AG
    Two turkey and cheese roll ups.

A cup of low fat cottage cheese.

4 Pepperoncini's.

An orange.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln