Port Saint Lucie Inlet Diving

MackokidMackokid Posts: 913 Officer
Anyone been out of Port Saint Lucie inlet? Any reefs/wrecks that are 100' or less and good vis?
"History is much like an endless waltz; the three beats of war, peace, and revolution continue on forever" -Mariemaia Kushrenada

Replies

• OnewolfOnewolf Posts: 657 Officer
    What is your idea of 'good vis'?

Up here out of Ponce Inlet 'good vis' is 8-10 feet. :)
    *** Tidewater 2100 Yamaha F150 ***
    *** Native Watercraft Magic 14.5 ***
    *** www.onewolf.org ***
  • MackokidMackokid Posts: 913 Officer
    Well, I dive out of sebastian often and if theres 20' of vis its a decent day. Then again you go down to Pompano and you got 90' on a decent day. whats a typical day like out of PSL?
    "History is much like an endless waltz; the three beats of war, peace, and revolution continue on forever" -Mariemaia Kushrenada
  • BigCountryBigCountry Posts: 93 Deckhand
    40 foot is typical out of st lucie!
    bull shark barge and there is a huge reef line just north and south of the inlet from about 20 foot on out
    Thank you BC. You dive out there often?
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,439 Admiral
    BigCountry wrote: »
    bull shark barge and there is a huge reef line just north and south of the inlet from about 20 foot on out

Uhhhhhhhh there is a reason why they call it "Bull Shark Barge or Bull Shark Reef."

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
    I've seen some big bull sharks doing beach dives before. I've noticed they dont come around once they recgonise what you are. The closest I've had one come to me was about 20', but on the same token visibility was also around 20' as well. He/she was just cruising down the beach paying no mind to me.

Anyone have any close calls with sharks down this way?
    yes come lobster season ill be in the water twice a week but now its about twice a month but fish every weekend the bull sharks dont bother you Ive only seen maybe 2 or 3 and thats really looking for sharks. right now you can see bottom structure in 60-70 feet of water while fishing!!!!
  • Capt_GerryCapt_Gerry Posts: 173 Officer
    Vis yesterday was top to bottom off Bull Shark barge. Water looked great. Tomorrow the vis could be 6 inches.
    Changin' Latitudes